Phonetics Focus Lite
By Cambridge English Online Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a FREE taste of our AWARD-WINNING Phonetics Focus pronunciation & phonetics app - WINNER of The English-Speaking Union President’s AWARD 2011/British Council ELTons Awards 2012 - Digital Innovation nominee!
Help PERFECT your English PRONUNCIATION & PHONETICS with a LIte version of the BEST-VALUE, most-comprehensive English phonetics iPad app available. 20 ‘on-the-go’ activities and resources (5 in Lite version) in one popular powerful app. Perfect for teaching and learning this difficult area of English. We aim to help you to master and teach the sounds of British English wherever you are.
The creators of the highly-popular, British Council ELTon nominated Phonetics Focus, bring you the Phonetics Focus mobile app, helping you to master the sounds of English and perfect your pronunciation wherever you are.
*Don't miss the great value, discounted 'English Pronunciation & Phonetics Pack' app bundle!
Packed with 20* activities, including interactive Phonemic Charts, Listen & Record*, Phonetic Typewriter*, scored quizzes, practice tools and printable full-colour flashcard sets (8 sets/350 flashcards), supported with high-quality native-speaker audio, this app could be the only one you'll need to learn, improve and succeed in successfully teaching and learning the sounds of British English. (*In Full Version)
Check out the free Phonetics Focus Zone on the web: http://bit.ly/1r0o9Ug
Plus, a chance to win great pronunciation titles from Cambridge University Press, in our free monthly prize draw!
*Check out the Phonetics Focus iPad app too-for a ‘big screen’ phonetics teaching/learning experience.
*Check out Phonetics Showdown + English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics!*
+The perfect partner for our English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics apps!
FULL VERSION FEATURES:
A powerful, fun app packed with 20 different activities to improve your knowledge of pronunciation, phonemic symbols and all 44 sounds of English. All supported by over 30 teaching/learning ideas & tips
4 exciting tools to teach & learn phonetics/pronunciation:
- Phonemic Chart: All 44 sounds and symbols... just a click away Now with 100+ example words/audio files to show how the sounds are used at the beginning, middle & end of words
- Listen & Record: Listen, Repeat, Record & Perfect
- Phonetics Typer: Create & share your own phonetic spellings with the most-complete phonetics typewriter available (perfect for making your own practice resources) Full sharing functions via email, Twitter & Facebook! Record and share your own voice files too.
- Phonemic Chart iPoster: A fully illustrated, all-in-one chart
* EIGHT fun, interactive, scored quizzes and activities to help you improve your knowledge of the sounds of English:
- Name that Phoneme!: Match the symbol to the sound
- Phonetic Flip: Practice your phonetic spelling
- Phoney Phonemes Quiz: Can you spot the fake phonemes?
- Missing Phonemes Quiz: Which phoneme has been removed?
- Minimal Pairs: Which one do you hear?
- Phonetic Spelling Test: How's your phonetic spelling?
- Which Phoneme?: Pick the correct symbol & score
- Odd Phon' Out: One is right, but three are wrong
Plus 8 sets of full-colour flashcards (350 in total) to use on your device, or download, print and use either by yourself, with friends or in your classroom.
30+ teaching & learning ideas too!
* Who is Phonetics Focus for?
Anyone teaching or learning English can benefit from our app.
- English language learners, of any age and from any country, Phonetics Focus provides you with new, exciting ways to learn, practise and improve your pronunciation.
- Language teachers looking for stimulating, high-quality pronunciation/phonetics resources to help your students
- Trainee teachers studying towards CELTAs
- Non-native English speaking teacher who needs help teaching students the sounds of English correctly
***Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, questions or suggestions.
What's New in Version 1.1
Cookies/Privacy information added.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 01 September 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 29.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Cambridge English Online Ltd
- © Cambridge English Online Ltd. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.