By James BARRETT
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Phonics Finder is the word search game with 'Mooo-sicality'. Suitable for iPad, it has five important features:
1. It makes a word search using spelling patterns.
2. It fits with UK Curriculum phonics.
3. It makes a different word search every time.
4. Children in the UK spell using lower case letters, this game uses lower case letters.
5. You can enter and remember your own words.
Swipe your finger from start to finish to select a word.
If you're right the word will be removed from the list.
Words only go left-to-right or top-to-bottom.
When you complete the puzzle the funky cow will dance for you. He has moo-sicality!
Some great elements but also some mistakes and technical issues
In theory this is a great app as it encourages the children to find clear phonic patterns and is in line with the British curriculum. The kids love the challenge of making the cow dance by finding all the words. However, it is clumsy and often you have to swipe 5 or 6 times before it registers you have found a word and the kids get disheartened and fed up. Also there are mistakes such as
'hairbrush' is spelled ' hairbush'.
Fundamentally a good app but needs tweaking to make it an excellent one.
- Category: Education
- Released: 05 February 2015
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: James BARRETT
- © James Barrett
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.