By Omer Shoor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Powerful collage maker.
- Supports uploading multiple photos.
- Includes tools for editing and exporting metadata and IPTC.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools and more.
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata editor: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc. IPTC editor included.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
- NEW: enhanced RAW support. Photogene can open most RAW files in full-resolution.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that shows large thumbnails.
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- Unlike other apps that export the edited photos in low res, Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Fixed crash related to saving edited photos to the camera roll on iOS 6.
I use this for editing my raw photos straight from the camera. Really nice interface and the controls are very smooth and responsive. I prefer using this to filterstorm because it doesn't have such a clunky importer - it's a piece of cake to select a photo and start editing straight away. I have my favourite way of using the controls, working through the different tools in a certain order, and can produce consistent professional looking results.
This app deserves a 10/10. I prefer editing my raw files with this program on my ipad to using photoshop on my laptop. It's good enough for 90% of my picture editing needs. The 10% go through photoshop.
Excellent app. best I have found for ipad. A bit quirky and interactive, particularly the "clarity" control, but you can usually get the result you want. Very useful for showing up defects in photos of antique items offered for sale on the internet by manipulaing the brightness, contrast and sharpen settings, to show up, for example, scratches on polished surfaces.
I've used this to tweak my photos on the move when I've not had the laptop and needed to get the images prepared for publishing. A powerful piece of software and great value for money.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 12 December 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Omer Shoor
- © Mobile-Pond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collage templates£0.69
- Frames Bundle 1£0.69