By Omer Shoor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Supports exporting and resizing multiple photos.
- Includes tools for editing and exporting metadata and IPTC.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools and more.
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata editor: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc. IPTC editor included.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
- Enhanced RAW support. Photogene can open most RAW files in full-resolution.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that shows large thumbnails.
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- Unlike other apps that export the edited photos in low res, Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP.
What's New in Version 4.3
- iOS 8 compatibility.
- Large photos are now loaded faster.
- New font choices for text boxes.
- Fixed Flickr uploading.
Awesome. This photoediting program does everything one would want for the majority of images, with an intuitive and functional interface. The ability to handle RAW formats and edit and duplicate metadata (e.g. copy field information across any number of photos) is a real strength. I have almost stopped using desktop photoediting software now, except for the rare extremely tricky tasks that require lots of mousework. Highly recommended and at this price extremely good value.
Very powerful RAW photo editor
This app is brilliant! It contains a lot of quite powerful tools for editing RAW photos, and is quick to learn and simple to use. I also love how many export options there are, including to a FTP server. Serious editing on an iPad is always limited by space on the device so making it this easy to export off the device is great.
In my opinion, as an amateur photographer, this app is powerful and fast enough on an iPad to replace many desktop RAW photo editors.
One of the essentials for IOS photography
This brilliantly simple yet powerful program is an absolute must-have for anyone wishing to use their phone for professional photography. editable IPTC field mean that pictures can be properly named and captioned. This little app has saved my bacon more than once as a professional photographer.
User interface geared towards applicable tools rather than gimmicks. Simple to learn and speedy to use.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 18 September 2014
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Omer Shoor
- © Mobile-Pond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collage templates£0.79
- Frames Bundle 1£0.79