By Omer Shoor
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Supports exporting and resizing multiple photos.
- Includes tools for editing and exporting metadata and IPTC.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools and more.
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata editor: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc. IPTC editor included.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
- Enhanced RAW support. Photogene can open most RAW files in full-resolution.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that shows large thumbnails.
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- Unlike other apps that export the edited photos in low res, Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP.
What's New in Version 4.3
- iOS 8 compatibility.
- Large photos are now loaded faster.
- New font choices for text boxes.
- Fixed Flickr uploading.
Used to be the best, now out of date
I've been using this app for nearly 4 years and it used to be my top favourite iPad photo editor. However since iOS 9 came out, it no longer fits properly on the screen of my iPad Air: the buttons at the top of the screen overlap with the iOS status bar making them very hard to press. It's also missing some features such as the ability to straighten to a precise angle (you have to use a small, inaccurate touch slider) and the ability to apply adjustments (such as lighten shadows) using a mask.
Its export options are still the most comprehensive of any of the photo editing apps I have (eg one touch export to dropbox) and painting masks for retouches (eg blurring, greyscale) is among the easiest, so I still use it, but it really needs updating badly.
The best and long may it continue. What this app has that few photo editors, if any have, is a text editor.
Buy this one and you will not be disappointed.
Since I posted the above I've noticed that there hasn't been any updates for this app. I hope the developer hasn't given up on it because it's the best photo editing app for the iPad.
Now had to change from 5 stars to 1 because I don't want to see anyone ripped off by buying it now.
It hasn't been updated for two years and the developer doesn't reply to emails or support.
With various updates to the OS system it is now becoming unstable.
Sad really because it was my #1 photo editing app and I will miss it.
Don't waste your money. This app hasn't been updated for ages and is now unstable.
I get a warning telling me that the app may slow down my iPad Pro and often it doesn't open. When it works it is ok and I still use it as my #1 of choice but that is getting less and less. Sad really because it was excellent, if only someone else had taken it on.
It shouldn't be sold on the app store because it is ripping people off.
Very powerful RAW photo editor
This app is brilliant! It contains a lot of quite powerful tools for editing RAW photos, and is quick to learn and simple to use. I also love how many export options there are, including to a FTP server. Serious editing on an iPad is always limited by space on the device so making it this easy to export off the device is great.
In my opinion, as an amateur photographer, this app is powerful and fast enough on an iPad to replace many desktop RAW photo editors.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 18 September 2014
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 35.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Omer Shoor
- © Mobile-Pond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collage templates£0.99
- Frames Bundle 1£0.99