Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of the questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Planner: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- PhotoPills Awards… and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a giant full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunset between two rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* Become a Legend
Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. We want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the World, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes. It's easy and FREE! Just submit your creative photos from PhotoPills and join the Legacy!
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
Start planning your Sun and Moon eclipses with the Planner!
- Sun and Moon eclipse calendar and map info layer added to the Planner.
- To switch on the Eclipse information layer on the Map, just tap on the Map Settings Button (next to the + Map button). And then tap on the Eye icon next to Eclipse (from Map layers).
- From the same screen, tap on the Eclipse layer to choose the eclipse you wish to plan from the Eclipse calendar. Finally, tap on Done (top right hand corner).
- The Eclipse information will be displayed on the map. And the date of the Eclipse will be set at the Time bar.
- On the top information panels 9 and 10 (swipe left the panels above the map), you’ll find all the key Eclipse information including: type of eclipse, date and the time of the most important eclipse phases. This information is relative to the position of the Red pin.
- Watch this video to learn how to plan a total solar eclipse: https://www.photopills.com/videos/how-plan-august-21-2017-total-solar-eclipse
- New Cameras added: Xiaomi Mi Drone (4K version), Mi Drone (1080P version); Panasonic Lumix DC-TS7 (DC-FT7); Fujifilm X-T100
- Bug fixes.
Please, If you find a bug (or have a suggestion), send us an email to email@example.com and we'll fix it as soon as possible :)
Imagine. Plan. Shoot!
Ratings and Reviews
A little help for your pics.
I have had this app for a week and have still not mastered it. I am sure that if you have a degree in computer science or your an astro physicist you will have no problem using it, but if like me you are just an average Joe, I don’t think you will find it very intuitive.
The PhotoPills tutorials in my opinion, seem rushed and jump around a lot.
I did not want to post this review, preferring to contact PhotoPills direct but after 3 attempts and my mails being rejected, I felt I should go ahead so that any other unsuspecting Joe’s out there are aware and can hold on to their cash.
Surely PhotoPills could make it more user friendly or just plain dumb it down!
If you have the luxury of free time to spend studying how to use it, good for you. But unless I have a lightbulb moment in the next week or so I will be hitting delete.
Hi! We don't know why your emails have bounced, we reply all our email we receive as soon as possible. Most of them the same day. Could you try to send us another email to firstname.lastname@example.org? Or if it keeps bouncing, and if you are on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you can contact us there too (Our account is @photopills).
We'd love to know what specific problem do you have, so we can help you.
The first time you open PhotoPills... Don’t try to master everything! It’s like trying to master all the buttons and options of your digital camera (or Lightroom or Photoshop) the first time you use it. You’ll feel overwhelmed and frustrated.
Instead, set a goal first. Do you want to know when the Sun sets today? Calculate the depth of field? Or plan a Milky Way photo idea you have? Set a goal. When you know what you want, it’s easier to use PhotoPills to find the answer.
This is the one you need.
If your looking here your in the market for a photography app. And you just found it, this has to be the best thing you will ever spend so little money on in photography. With the multiple applications contained in the one app you would be more than happy. Add in the multiple free ebooks, videos on photographic problems and tutorials all in the price. There is even a competition run by PhotoPills with cash prizes. All out the best photography app you will ever buy.
- PhotoPills S.L.
- 56.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 PhotoPills, SL. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.