Puppet animation and frame-by-frame animation combined. Tap record and animate everything! Play back and export to MP4 or YouTube.
The easiest and fastest way to make cartoons on your iPad. Cut and insert fragments of your Photo Roll photos and move them on the screen. The app will record everything that you do.
The recording can be edited using a timeline and exported as an MP4 video or directly to YouTube.
- creating characters/puppets out of the iPad photo roll with a specialized cut-out tool
- characters can be created from many separately controlled parts (create puppets with animated legs, arms or heads)
- frame-by-frame animation - create a sequence of frames in a single object
- two different kinds of frame switchers with automatic/manual frame switching
- automatic motion - e.g. rotation for car wheels or planets
- recording, locking and editing individual object movement tracks
- rewinding and fast forwarding via the timeline
- exporting projects as MP4 video files
- posting videos to YouTube
- sending projects via email
- sending MP4 videos as email attachments
http://ipodteacher.blogspot.com "My first reaction to PhotoPuppet after I downloaded it was "Wow!" I was stunned to see the editing power in this app, even on the iPod. [...] There are all kinds of details that are not available in the other animation apps. You can edit the sound using tracks, like in Garage Band. You can snip parts out of audio tracks that you don't like. The elements in your animation are layered so you can control which ones show up on top of the others. The list of neat features goes on [...]"
http://ajewellatschool.blogspot.com/ (first school in the world with a 1:1 iPad deployment for every pupil from P1 - S5) - "A beautiful, comprehensive animation toolbox [...] allowing creation of characters, backgrounds, talking heads and lovely track-by-track editing. I introduced it today to a class for the first time and was struck by the same feeling I had when first demonstrating GarageBand (what higher compliment could any app get!) that the sky now really was the limit!
So, another tool for the 21st century teacher's toolbox. I think this one's a sledgehammer! "
PhotoPuppet HD is now compatible with iOS 11.
Check out the Explain Everything app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/explain-everything/id1020339980?mt=8) which is the current iteration of many concepts that first debuted in PhotoPuppet!
Ratings and Reviews
When I first used this app, it was basically unusable because it kept on crashing. However, the developers got rid of the bugs, and have created a really fun app to use. It is very straight forward to learn, and there are plenty of tutorials online to get you started. If the app was ever updated I would like to be able to create more than one layer for audio, and if possible animate over live action. All in all it is a great app!
I think that this is such a great app but has more potential: I think it would be really good if joints (when triple tapping) could be added and then pivot around the area which it was added to rather than the main body of the puppet, hence allowing the creation of puppets such as dogs whose legs need to bend at the ankle. I also would like to be able to change the speed at which joints 'wave' so that they can pivot around a short area without moving ridiculously quickly.
Apart from this I am extremely impressed! Well Done!
Good, but needs more bodies and a better timeline editor
This is a wonderful way to get started on Puppet Animation.
It's intuitive to use and gives very quick results.
It could however do with at least one fully jointed photo real human puppet to show what you can achieved with a bit of effort.
The Timeline Editor was also a bit quirky and did not for instance let us edit the soundtrack (splice it, never mind move anything around). Overall a pretty good App, but really hope it becomes a great one in time.
- MorrisCooke sp. z o.o.
- 71.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2017 Explain Everything
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.