The Physicians’ CPD app enables you to record and reflect on your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at the point of learning in order to prepare for your appraisal. It’s been designed to complement the established web-based CPD diary system which is used by over 17,000 Consultant and SAS grade physicians.
- Syncs with the existing web-based CPD diary system.
- Access to our list of approved activities (over 5000 events) reviewed by a network of consultant physicians.
- Add educational activities whilst ‘on the go’ with online/offline capability.
- Voice transcribe your development needs and reflections instantly.
- Add attachments as supporting information to your activities (such as a certificate of attendance.)
- Add personal development needs and assign activities to Good Medical Practice (GMP) domains.
- E-mail yourself your annual appraisal report as a PDF file at the press of a button.
If you are already a CPD diary user, simply download the Physicians’ CPD app on your device and use your log-in details. After an initial first time sync to corroborate your data and settings (internet connectivity recommended) you can then begin entering your educational activities. (Please note that all users would need to already be registered with the web-based CPD diary system in order to use the Physicians’ CPD app.)
The app has been updated with strengthened security and enhanced login verification.
Ratings and Reviews
App is an important advance for busy clinical staff
The principal advantage of this app is being able to make entries ‘live’ while at the event. This helps to take the pain out of record keeping for Revalidation.
Sync seems slow even with a good data connection.
I’m surprised it took the College so long to produce this app. Now if the RCP would overhaul the interface for the web based diary which has progressed little since I first started using it in 2001/2!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're finding the app useful.
In regards to syncing, you may wish to choose to adjust one or two options via the 'Profile' screen (top right on the homepage.) These can help improve performance.
Excellent app. Looking forward to a macOS version.
Doesn’t always sync with web entries
Generally good and great idea to make it easier to record CPD contemporaneously.
However, mine does not seem to sync reliably with web, so entries on the web sometimes don’t show up on app, nor do changes in PDP etc.
Previous years CPD as a result are showing as less than 50 hours on the app when I have done more than 50. This is frustrating.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are aware that the presentation of data, for historic CPD diary years, is not always appearing correctly for some users. Our developers are preparing a solution which we intend to release in the next few weeks.
Should you be experiencing issues with the current, open CPD diary year, please do contact the Federation CPD team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your Code Number or username, and we will pleased to explore this further with you.
- Royal College of Physicians
- 94 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Physicians’ CPD, Royal College of Physicians, 11 St Andrews Place, Regent's Park, London NW1 4LE
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.