The Physicians’ CPD app enables you to record and reflect on your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at the point of learning in order to prepare for your appraisal. It’s been designed to complement the established web-based CPD diary system which is used by over 17,000 Consultant and SAS grade physicians.
- Syncs with the existing web-based CPD diary system.
- Access to our list of approved activities (over 5000 events) reviewed by a network of consultant physicians.
- Add educational activities whilst ‘on the go’ with online/offline capability.
- Voice transcribe your development needs and reflections instantly.
- Add attachments as supporting information to your activities (such as a certificate of attendance.)
- Add personal development needs and assign activities to Good Medical Practice (GMP) domains.
- E-mail yourself your annual appraisal report as a PDF file at the press of a button.
If you are already a CPD diary user, simply download the Physicians’ CPD app on your device and use your log-in details. After an initial first time sync to corroborate your data and settings (internet connectivity recommended) you can then begin entering your educational activities. (Please note that all users would need to already be registered with the web-based CPD diary system in order to use the Physicians’ CPD app.)
The app has been updated with strengthened security and enhanced login verification.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent accessibility for recording CPD, need option to logging modern ways of learning
Excellent accessibility to logging CPD to enable recording much more activity than we would remember when doing retrospectively. Will make preparations for annual appraisals faster.
One area for improvement under personal CPD is to have the option to log internet-based learning (Podcasts, webinars, etc). Currently have to put Podcasts under distant learning. Also for these to be able to log e.g. 0.5 hours as otherwise have to sometimes log 2-3 Podcasts together as one entry to make the 1 hour true
It’s good, much better than the website!
I’ve trialled this app. It is really useful for real time input of CPD, reflection on CPD and recording it simply.
The voice recognition is generally good and welcomed. A guide to how to use the voice recognition would be helpful - such as to say numbers, etc.
As more people use the app I’m sure features will be refined further. Uploading documents rather than just photos is coming soon I hope. Thank you RCP.
Doesn’t always sync with web entries
Generally good and great idea to make it easier to record CPD contemporaneously.
However, mine does not seem to sync reliably with web, so entries on the web sometimes don’t show up on app, nor do changes in PDP etc.
Previous years CPD as a result are showing as less than 50 hours on the app when I have done more than 50. This is frustrating.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are aware that the presentation of data, for historic CPD diary years, is not always appearing correctly for some users. Our developers are preparing a solution which we intend to release in the next few weeks.
Should you be experiencing issues with the current, open CPD diary year, please do contact the Federation CPD team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your Code Number or username, and we will pleased to explore this further with you.
- Royal College of Physicians
- 94 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Physicians’ CPD, Royal College of Physicians, 11 St Andrews Place, Regent's Park, London NW1 4LE
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.