The Best Music Note Trainer on iPad
"Great tutor for piano beginners !!"
-- Zara56Mount, United States
"Just checked out the tutor function and with enough practice I will be learning how to read notes! Yay! This is awesome, thanks!"
-- Luucylu, United States
"Great app. I use it for teaching piano every day. The kids love it. The updates have been thorough and often."
-- r.constanzo, United Kingdom
"Really good app and great value! Bought it for my 10 year old daughter who is learning the piano, but I have found it really useful myself and I've been playing for years."
-- Eagle-20, United Kingdom
"Amazing. One of the best self learning apps I've used."
-- Yasin Bashir, United Kindom
"It actually makes it addictive to learn. Every time you finish a session you just know you can do better. Great app!"
-- music_dude, United States
"I've been a piano teacher for many years and wished such a tool would have been on the market 20 years ago - would have saved lots of frustrated hours of repetitions..... Wonderful app to learn and train the notes and their names and where to find them on the piano."
-- Carla12345, Germany
Whether you are a piano student looking for apps to help you on learning music notes, or you are a piano teacher who need a trainer app to help you in teaching classes, Piano Notes Pro is definitely what you need.
With a wide range of level control, Piano Notes Pro is not only an interesting game for experienced piano players, but is also a great music note tutor for piano students. It certainly can help you learn and practice music notes effectively on your iPad.
Piano Notes Pro is widely used and recommended by many piano teachers. It is the only professional choice for iPad!
- Full Keyboard Range: Cover all 88 keys of a piano.
- Teaching Mode: Tap a key to show its note and pitch name.
- Game Mode: Practice your sight-reading skill with games.
- Adjustable Range: Your practice can be focused on particular notes by setting note range.
- Quiz Types: 4 quiz types including Random, Ascending, Descending and Chords let you practice in different ways. Additional quiz types are available via in-app purchase.
- All Key Signatures: 15 key signatures for treble stave and bass stave.
- Help Modes: 3 help modes, including a Tutor mode for beginners.
- Colored Keys: In game mode, colors can be applied as hints. This is especially helpful for beginners and kids.
- Pitch Name Labels: White keys can be marked with their pitch names, 4 naming conventions provided.
- Multiple Notes: Unlike other similar apps showing only one note at a time, Piano Notes Pro shows multiple notes simultaneously in game mode. This is very important for improving sight-reading speed.
- Game Length Control: Each game quizzes you with up to 10 pages of notes. Both number of notes and number of pages are adjustable.
- Achievements: Improve your skill with fun by gaining achievements.
- Progress Report: Scores of all key-signatures of both clefs are clearly listed in a table.
- Keyboard Size Control: You can adjust the keyboard size to fit your need. 3 different sizes are available.
- Multiple User Profiles: With up to 40 user profiles, you can share the app with your friends or family members. This feature is also very useful for piano teachers to keep track of students' progress.
- Gorgeous Sound: High-quality, real and beautiful piano sound.
- MIDI Input: Support MIDI input with CoreMIDI (via Apple Camera Connection Kit and USB [to host] port on keyboard).
IMPORTANT NOTICE !!
- Please disable 3-finger gesture in iOS Settings while playing chords.
App preview music by http://instrumentalsfree.com
- Animation effect in Game Mode is now optional.
- iOS 10 tested.
- Minor bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased the app as a relative beginner and have gone on to purchase a number of other apps that combined improve my sight reading skills and knowledge of notes, chords, keys and so forth.
I use the application every day and it does everything it promises and is really fun to use and I never get tired of trying to improve my scores and playing.
There are apps that look into music theory more and thus would help with the use of this app, but this app is not a music theory app in the sense it doesn't explain why but rather facilitates one practising the note positions on the keyboard with the notation.
It is a great starting point for a beginner and as I have improved I like it even more and use it more. I used it initially and it became the catalyst for wanting to learn more music theory. I have continued to use it and as I understand more it becomes more useful.
Thoroughly recommended if you want to learn piano and improve your ability and it is really great value too plus a great design and overall user interface.
Great little app!
I've always wanted something like this. Another reviewer pointed out there is little guidance. This is true and could be improved (for 5*), but I found it only takes a moment or two to work out what to do. Great fun!
It would be even better, perhaps, if it could be enhanced to be polyphonic and test on more than one note simultaneously - although I am personally far from being able to cope with that yet. Another nice-to-have would be to have a mode where you could play the notes and have it recorded on the score. To be fair, neither of the these are really what the app is about.
I bought this app 2 days ago and am already totally hooked! After many unsuccessful years attempting to learn to sight read, this app is really helping me to make progress. An excellent app for anyone wishing to improve their sight reading skills. It also works well with my Yamaha DGX630 using the iPad camera connector.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.