The Piano Partner 2 app provides a friendly, interactive way to help you learn and enjoy music with your Roland digital piano. Songs and DigiScore Lite show the piano’s internal music collection on your device’s display, while Rhythm and Flash Card allow you to build skills with intelligent accompaniment and engaging music exercises. Piano Partner 2 also enables your iPad/iPhone to work as a remote controller for your Roland piano, offering an intuitive graphic interface for even easier operation.
Recorder and Diary functions help you progress more quickly, allowing you to evaluate performances and keep track of your daily practice activities. The Diary logs stats about playing time, which keys you played, and more, and it’s even possible to share them with your family, friends, and teachers directly from the app. To use Piano Partner 2, connect your device and a compatible Roland piano wirelessly via Bluetooth®, or wired with a USB cable.
-Songs—browse and select music from your Roland digital piano’s onboard song library
-DigiScore Lite—display music notation for the onboard songs
-Rhythm—develop your sense of rhythm with accompaniment that follows the chords you play
-Flash Card game—fun challenges to develop ear-training and note-reading skills
-Remote Controller—control Roland digital piano functions from your mobile device
-Recorder—capture daily performances and listen back instantly
-Diary—track your daily activities and share progress statistics on social media such as Twitter
-Profiles—multiple users can track individual Diary data on one device
Make sure your Roland digital piano is updated with the most current system program. The latest system program and setup instructions can be found at the support pages at www.roland.com.
- A connection with the compatible model is required to use this application except for the part of Flash Card.
- The compatible model and an iPad or iPhone need Bluetooth connection or a wired connection by a USB cable.
- When connecting an iPad or iPhone to the piano via a USB cable, a USB cable and Apple’s iPad Camera connection Kit or Lightning-USB Camera Adapter are required.
- When using Piano Partner 2 with a compatible piano for the first time, an Internet connection for the tablet is required.
- Songs and DigiScore Lite corresponds to only a built-in song of the piano.
Log Retention Policies
The Piano Partner 2 app collects information when it is used, including the device type and how the app is used (the functions used, date and time of use, etc.). We will never use this data for the purpose of collecting any personal information or identifying a specific person.
We use the collected data for the following purposes only:
• To improve the functionality of Piano Partner 2 and future related apps.
• To create statistical analysis about how the app is used.
When you download and use the Piano Partner 2 app, it is accepted that you agree with the above policies. If you do not accept these policies, we recommend that you do not use the app.
- Fixed the problem that user data cannot be transferred depending on the model of the device.
- Fixed some bugs and fine improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful way to interact, fun training aid
Set up took a few goes initially, but that’s the case with most bluetooth things regardless. Once connected via ipad it just works beautifully. My 9 year old loves practicing with the quiz flash card games and the rhythm function. Fantastic with FP-30. Only comment would be to update the metronome control so you can set an actual bpm (not just faster/slower). Keep up the good work, thanks!
A very useful feature
Just bought a F140R and downloaded the app. It took several attempts to get it connected to the piano but once connected it works fine. It would be nice to be able to see the piano’s inbuilt rhythms as well as the ones contained within the app, hence the 4 stars.
...it can be so much better! It works really well with the FP-30 but at times it needs to be forced closed and relaunched to allow you to adjust volume or look at songs, beats etc.
It's worth 4 stars but if the note practice section was more customisable it would be worth all 5!
- Roland Corporation
- 30.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Roland Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.