Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
Version 3.6 introduces compatibility for iPad Pro 11”, iPad Pro 12.9”(3rd generation), iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. This version also includes bug fixes.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
The other part to successful AAC
My mum is writing this:
I have purchased this so that my daughter can fulfill her very social activity of telling people stories about her life. As a non-verbal young adult she has a lot of stories and thoroughly loves telling them. Our most recent story is about a trip to Germany. She loved telling her friends and family.
The ability to make and share a story within minutes with up to date/on scene pictures is great. Pictello pulls all the parts together - picture sound and text - to allow my daughter to remember all the fun aspects of an event - a story - in her life.
I have used this programme on iPod touch and iPad, although with iPad I send photos/pics from my iPhone to her email and then develop the story on her iPad.
Also love the sharing feature to send the story to other Pictello users. And of course, receive their stories to read/play over and over.
We thought pictello was a reallly good way of telling someone the story of not only a trip out, but about your life, and what you like to do for fun etc. It is good because it can bring back memories of holidays, and trips out. Also it is so so so simple to use, and very good for people of all ages, especially those who may find it harder to communicate. Finally, we think this is definitely worth the price, and that is why we rate it five stars!
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 851.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.