Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with ten Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
Fall asleep faster with Pillow’s carefully selected sleep aid sounds and get personalized insights and tips about sleep using Pillow’s unique Snooze lab feature.
Pillow has been featured in: The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated by many as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- Sleep calendar: Pillow can detect sleep sessions from past dates.
- View last night’s report on your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Automatic sleep tracking does not require the Apple Watch app to be installed
- Get your sleep analysis report automatically as soon as Pillow detects sleep.
- Alarms & Audio recordings are not available in automatic mode
- Track your sleep with your Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad by pressing start when you go to sleep and pressing stop when you wake up.
- Smart wakeup: Pillow will wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics like time to sleep, time in bed and more
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as an alarm
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep
- Optional vibration settings (iPhone only)
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed. Pillow can notify you when your optimal bedtime approaches
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts
SLEEP TRENDS & STATISTICS
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year and All Time overviews
SECURELY BACKUP AND SYNCHRONIZE & EXPORT YOUR SLEEP DATA
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps
- Select between powernap, recovery and full cycle naps
MOOD REPORTING & SLEEP NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Add your notes to every sleep session and discover how they affect your sleep quality
PREMIUM FEATURES INCLUDE: (One-time purchase. No subscriptions or hidden fees.):
- Unlimited sleep history
- Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, sleep trends
- Listen to your sound recordings
- Nap Modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
- Database export in CSV format
- Pillow is now available in German and Russian!
- Fixed an issue where Pillow wouldn’t update Apple Health properly after editing one or more sessions
- Fixed a UI issue with the credits screen on 3.5-inch devices
- Some stability fixes
Thank you so much for your support and feedback! Feel free to reach out if you need any help or have an idea via the "Helpdesk" option in Pillow’s settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Accurately measure your sleep quality and improve your routine.
Good but audio has stopped working?
All seems fairly accurate and I like the interface, although there seems to be a glitch over the last week or so - the audio has stopped working, I haven’t changed the settings at all but every night there are no recordings of sound which can’t be right. It was working fine before. Also when you flick back through the days, it seems to add in extra entries for some days with no data which then get counted as the ‘worst session’. I’m not sure if it’s a new update that has brought in these glitches? I think it also would be good if you view a summary of every day over the last month (a bit like in the activity app where you can view a whole month’s worth of rings on one page) with the daily percentage or number of hours sleep, but not in a bar chart like when you rotate it.
I’d also like to know more about how it judges the quality of sleep - some nights I’ll have over 8 hours, with a good mix of light, deep and REM sleep but the percentage will be lower than I’d expect.
Still though, a good app that I enjoy using every night. I hope the glitches get ironed out.
Hello, we are really sorry you are experiencing problems with Pillow. Please contact our support team to see how we can help. To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select 'Helpdesk'.
New algorithm and options are an improvement
It’s only been a couple of days since the new algorithm has been introduced but so far so good. I like that finally I can do some sort of editing, although the ability to edit sections of the sleep patterns would be even better. The accuracy seems to have improved with the new algorithm (I use an Apple Watch), and possibly the ‘training’ option is helping with this. The analysis is almost instantaneous now so I haven’t had any errors. For a while I’ve been using Pillow alongside another app which offers auto sleep detection, but I’ve always preferred the alarm/audio options, feedback and layout of Pillow; so if and when AutoSleep detection is introduced I’ll definitely consider using Pillow as my default option in the Apple Health source data order. Overall I’m very impressed with this version.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 253.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.