Enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display!
Gameprom proudly presents.
Apple Design Awards 2010 winning Pinball HD comes to the Mac!
One million happy iPad and iPhone users can't be wrong.
If play is choppy or visuals is subpar you need to adjust the antialiasing option. Go to windowed mode (Esc key) and use menus to access preferences.
ABOUT THE GAME
Pinball HD -- simply the best Pinball for Mac OS X -- awaits you.
Each table -- Wild West, The Deep and Jungle Style -- is its own masterpiece.
You'll be stunned by the action's degree of realism.
This is a REAL, professional pinball simulator with stunning 3D graphics and realistic physics.
– Three tables with unique graphics, instructions, missions, settings and characters.
– A wonderful 3D engine that does true justice to the Mac's graphic capabilities.
– Realistic physics.
– Different camera modes: the ball-following "flying-table" view and static, "full table" view.
– Unique soundtrack with atmospheric music, sound effects and voices.
– Stereoscopic imaging option (requires anaglyph glasses). You can choose between red-cyan, green-magenta or yellow-blue lenses.
HOW TO PLAY
• On the main menu, press Left or Right Arrow keys to change the current table.
• Press Enter to start.
• Press and hold Down Arrow to control the plunger
• Press Left Shift to control the left flipper and Right Shift to control the right flipper.
• Press Spacebar to nudge the table, but be careful not to tilt.
• Press Enter to pause or resume the game.
• Press "C" key to toggle between camera modes.
• Press Esc for windowed mode and to access the standard application menu.
Enjoy REAL PINBALL on your Mac!
ALSO OUR SECOND GAME PROJECT FOR MAC "CRIMSONWORLD" IS OUT!!!
Follow us on Twitter - @Gameprom
Check out Gameprom's Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/GamepromCompany
Please visit our website - www.gameprom.com
New Vikings Table added!
Ratings and Reviews
don't buy !
Shows you loads of screen shots of great looking boards, but you actually get a crappy wild west one, and then they expect you to pay more for the better boards. Leaves you feeling ripped off :-(
Bug in latest version 10.6.6 – now disappeared!
Agree with livfe: Just come back to this after downloading the latest version a couple monmths ago, onmly to find there seems to be a serious bug in "The Deep" whereby the screen goes black and revets to the title screen (as above) every few mninutes, generally when the ball is on or near the flippers and by the time you click on "Resume", you've lost that ball! I'm using a 27" iMac and OS 10.6.8. Sort it please.
So pleased to find I can edit my review a few weeks later and to alter my 2-star rating to 5-star now! The bug reported erlier seems to have righted itself, having just played a faultless game which happened to be one of my best – ie: longest! Same version: "The Deep". This is truly a 5-star realistaion of the pinball genre. Maybe there was something running simultaneously before with which it disagreed.
THE BEST GAME APP OUT THERE!
The thing I love about this app is it's a very good price for such an amazing game. I've already got £1.29 worth of fun and more out of this app, and I only bought it 3 days ago! I'm going to list suggestions for producers should they read this review, and the like and dislikes I have for this game, instead of reducing you to reading a big, fat paragraph about how good this app is!
- The Beautiful Tables (Jungle Style, Wild West and The Deep)
- The Simple Controls
- The Superb 3-D Graphics (These can be turned on in Preferences)
- The Different Aims of each Table
- The Bizarre but Simply Amazing Variation of Objects (Treasure Chest, Whirlpool, 'Kill Dirty Harry' etc)
- There is no High-Score table. No scores are saved.
SUGGESTIONS TO PRODUCERS:
- Add a Personal High-Score Table
- World-Wide High Score Table (Needs internet connection, of course)
- Two Player Mode? - The screen would be split into two pinball machines, and players would use different controls.
I believe that is it. To anyone who has read this review, I am being completely truthful with my opinion. This is one addicting game, and it's so enjoyable. Let's keep it a secret, but between you and me, this game is better than Angry Birds (which, if you didn't know, is the most popular game on the mac app store so far).
Buy this, Play this, Enjoy this.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.