By Barclays Bank Plc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Pay it, send it, gift it, sort it
Pingit is a super speedy way to send and receive money. It’s free for personal use, secure and delightfully simple. You just need to be over 16, have a current account and a mobile phone that’s registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man.
T&C’s for Pingit introduce a friend offer can be found here http://www.barclays.mobi/MT1433648942566
It’s also a fast and easy way for businesses to collect payments. If you’ve got a Barclays business current account and a UK mobile number, you can create, send and manage invoices for free.
• Pay people and businesses using just a UK mobile number
• Send money to over 35 countries, including most of Europe (euros), Australia (AUD), India (INR) and selected African countries – and it’s fee-free*
• Send up to £2,000 and receive up to £5,000 daily. If you’re a business customer, send up to £3,000 with no limit on receiving (Business customers: check your current account tariff for charges. If tariff charges apply, you’ll be charged for outgoing transactions)
• Pay for things online and in apps, wherever you see the Pay by Bank app logo – no need for any card details
• Send and receive mobile payments to and from Paym users
• Use your voice to make payments – just tell Siri who you’d like to pay**
• Log in to Pingit with Touch ID**
• Make payments in iMessage**
• Pay for Lucky Dip National Lottery tickets (UK & IoM only)
• Donate to charities
* International payments use the exchange rate available at the time you make the payment
** Compatible devices only
Talk to @pingit on Twitter
Got a question, comment or Pingit story? We’d love to hear from you.
The small print
• People who send you money can see your full name (personal) or business name (businesses)
• If you don’t have a Barclays account, we’ll give you a Pingit account to use with the app
• If you don’t have a Barclays business account, you can register to receive payments online
• We can refuse to register you for Pingit, or limit the way you use it
Find out more, including terms and conditions, at pingit.com.
This app is provided by Barclays Bank PLC, although you may have contracted for banking services with another legal entity within the Barclays Group. Please refer to your bank documents (terms and conditions, statements and so on) to confirm the legal entity that provides banking services to you.
Copyright © Barclays 2012–2017. All rights reserved. BARCLAYS PINGIT and PINGIT are registered trademarks of Barclays PLC, used under license.
What's New in Version 3.23
Easy, simple and secure
Very intuitive and simple application to use. With Touch ID it makes the log in process very secure whilst being quick aswell. The app automatically loads contacts with the Pingit also installed meaning there is no adding contacts as they are already there. Works every time and payment in instantaneously.
Would highly recommend nothing bad to say.
Would be great...if I could login
The app worked great for ages then suddenly I wasn’t able to log in...I would open the app and then it would just get stuck with no passcode or Touch ID option. Uninstalled and re-installed 3 times (having to go through the registration process each time). Recently when I open the app it just gets stuck on the ‘please wait’ spinner and still can’t login so cannot access my money yet again.
I have also had a few issues when withdrawing money when it reports as fraud on my bank account.
If this was sorted it would be a brilliant app!
Great when it works
I was using this app but forgot my passcode. There is no ‘reset password’ option within Help, so you have to completely reset your account?! Surely I’m doing something wrong but it’s not obvious. When I reset the account, it told me I already had an account, and should ring them. But.. you can’t ring direct from the number given in the in app help message, so you have to come out of the app to dial, and then when you go back in all your data has gone and you have to start again - absolutely infuriating to the point that I’ve deleted the app. Please fix!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 31 October 2017
- Version: 3.23
- Size: 203 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Barclays Bank PLC
- © 2012 Barclays Bank PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.