*** Dec 16, 2016. "Wow. This app blew me away with its features and calculations (especially reciprocity fail). - Horacekenneth
*** Feb 19, 2014 Wonderful!! "This app is perfect for the pinhole photographer in the field. I love that I can save settings for all my cameras and recall them instantly in the moment. - Papskier"
*** So useful! May 26, 2013 "This takes the guesswork out of exposure calculation, since it turns your iPhone into a light meter and suggests the correct exposure! Works like a charm. Great app for pinhole photographers."
*** May 16, 2012 : "Pretty much the perfect app for pinhole", Gavin Lucas
*** March 26, 2012 "Pinhole photography - Great app! This will make pinhole photography much simpler to do", Zone v
*** November 28, 2011 "Great solution !! - Thank you for this Pinhole timing app. I have many different pinhole cameras and this will help me figure timing on all of them. Thank you !!Greg."
Pinhole Assist will be your companion to argentic and numeric pinhole, and wet-plate collodion photography. The range of aperture and sensitivity (starting at 0.05 ASA ) allows for 40-years photo paper, wet-plate and slow processes as well as pinhole.
* Built in camera computes exposure;
* Use built-in exposition timer and bubble level for optimal shot;
* The light meter behave globally or as or spot-meter; it allows for incident metering;
* Enter your camera aperture from the predefined list (150+ pinhole cameras) or compute it;
* Let the assistant automatically compensate for reciprocity of film (correction for long exposures, 50+ different curves included), or use your own curves.
* Save, restore and presets (combos) : aperture, predefined cameras, ASA and reciprocity settings
• 30+ builtin filters , together with new filter design and favorites for fast access,
* Log all the information about a photography : preview, exposure, metering, location, interactive map , date and a shot. This information is saved and you can annotate it and export it (CSV or JSON).
You can create film and set reciprocity curve from within Pinhole Assist. Crete new ones, or tweak existing ones.
Use iTunes (on Mac/PC) to import/export access the films you created, or exchange them via email m curves (Go to the app Web Site for instructions)
Light measurement is only available on devices with camera. However, the manual setting allows you do do estimation with text indication, or use an external cell.
* better timer usability : now tapping the chrono icon directly starts the timer starting the chronometer automatically create a log. Go to the « settings » app to disable, if you prefer the previous way.
* rebuild combo : now you can edit for each camera+ film combination (combo) the aperture or the predefined camera, as well as film speed and reciprocity.
* Enhanced film behavior: choosing a film reciprocity now sets the film speed. (Existing preselections/ combos are automatically upgraded on first launch)
* 50+ different films, including Multigrade paper and Harman positive paper
* 150+ différent pinhole and zone plate cameras : Ondu, Diana, Holga, Sténoflex, Reality soSubtle, Lensless, Ilford, Stenopéika, Vermeer, 8banners, ZeroImage, Leonardo, Carlos, Nopo, Spiral, Sharan…
Any other camera can be accommodated.
Go to the Settings to :
* adjust scales can be by ½ EV or ⅓ EV
* enable bellow correction: a button will appear on the main screen to allow bellow adjustment, allowing to use view cameras
* adjust the cell and incident metering constant
* start the timer automatically or not
* adjust log behavior
Disclaimer: this is not a camera app: it does not take picture. This is a sophisticated exposure calculator to take argentic (ou DSLR) shots with an pinhole camera.
We regularly update and enhance the application, for better and nicer pinhole shots.
NEW FEATURES :
* added the following Ilford films : SFX (infrared), D100, D400, D3200, XP2, K100 (Kentmere), K400 (Kentmere)
* added support for formula in reciprocities, in addition to table data. I.E correction can be expressed as t**1.26 for Ilford FP4+ film.
* abiblity to export to clipboard individual log information : scroll down to botoom a a log information to access function.
FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
* updated for iOS 12
* fixed blue background in iPad metering screen
* updated ilford film to new ilford reciprocity official data (2018)
Ratings and Reviews
A very useful App.
I've used this to calculate exposure on several different film stocks with the RealitySoSubtle 617 and another film camera. It is just about perfect. Creating a log for each photograph within the app is extremely useful. Thanks.
Nail pinhole exposures with ease
Like many people, I’m not one for consulting reciprocity charts while juggling a light meter and a stopwatch, which is why this app is an essential piece of my kit.
Pretty much the perfect app for pinhole
I downloaded this app quite a few versions ago as it seemed like the answer to all my needs for to help with pinhole photography.
In use it was great, although it gave exposure the time, I'd then have to use my watch to time the exposure. I thought that having a built in timer would be handy. Lo and behold an update came out adding a timer
The meter was also often rather optimistic. Not a deal breaker for me as I have a light meter, but it would be nice to be able to leave it at home. Now another update came out and the meter is now close enough that it's perfectly usable.
In my previous review, the one thing that I wished for was to have different camera presets. Now they have been added!
This app is now pretty much perfect! Many, many thanks to the developer!
- Henry Thomas
- 15.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2014 Le Bord de la Piscine
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.