Join forces with Pirate Jack. He needs your help to solve eight problems and find the hidden treasure. Use the map to work your way through the obstacles one by one and in the right order. Apply your maths and literacy skills to make sure you collect the correct item before tackling the next obstacle. For example, you’ll need to order a set of words from coldest to hottest to find a lantern before you can explore a dark cave. Use different strategies to solve the clues, and you’ll find the booty.
Key learning objectives:
- Students analyse problems by using a range of strategies, including interpreting clues, intuition, and trial and error.
- Students solve problems by using literacy and numeracy skills.
- Provides opportunities for students to solve problems using their literacy and numeracy skills within the context of a pirate treasure map.
- Encourages the use of trial and error to discover the correct sequence of problem solving.
- Includes a variety of problem types which focus on, for example, spelling, shapes, visual cues, word knowledge, addition of numbers and time.
Bugfix: Button over copyright message removed.
Ratings and Reviews
needs more puzzles
My 4 year old has enjoyed playing this a few times, but the puzzles are always the same. Needs same alterations to the puzzles for real replay value, but OK for little ones to play once. Also there is a bug if you play a second time in the first game, it will not free the pirate after 4 words, he keeps going down until the letters go off the screen and you cant play any more
I like the game and so does my 4 year old. We're paying on iPad and having trouble with bugs and the game freezing. I love the concept and the graphics. Would be great if there was more to it, more levels for example or if puzzles were different. The map should only lead you to places you can access....
Great app runs on iPad no prob
My 3 and 4 year old love this app, it would be great to have an upgrade to alter the challenges slightly but even though they have done it LOADS they always want to play .....
- Education Services Australia Ltd.
- 34.5 MB
- Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Education Services Australia 2010 (except where otherwise indicated).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.