Pixelmator Photo is a photo editor unlike any other. It features a collection of nondestructive, desktop-class color adjustments. A set of gorgeous presets inspired by analog photography. A magical Repair tool to remove unwanted objects. Full support for editing RAW images. Artificial intelligence that automatically improves photos like a pro photographer. And it's designed exclusively for iPad, bringing the most native and intuitive editing experience imaginable.
Powerful tools for improving your photos
• Edit photos using a collection of advanced, nondestructive color adjustments, specially designed to preserve detail and naturally improve photos.
• Take advantage of full RAW support to edit high-resolution RAW photos from your DSLR camera or iPhone.
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using the incredible Repair tool.
• Crop, straighten, and correct perspective with an easy-to-use Crop tool.
• Use groundbreaking machine learning to automatically enhance photos, adjust lighting, white balance, and colors, apply presets, and even improve the composition of your photos.
• Edit completely nondestructively, resetting changes made with any tool at any time you like without affecting other edits.
• Share edited photos back to your Photos library, export to a range of different formats, and easily share photos with others.
Desktop-class color adjustments
• Edit photos using a collection of powerful, desktop-class color adjustments.
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram.
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment.
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation.
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights.
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustments.
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment.
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with incredible precision.
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images.
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment.
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos.
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look.
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment.
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make any photo stand out.
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Use ML Enhance, trained on 20 million professional photos, to improve your photos like a pro photographer.
• ML Enhance automatically takes care of all the subtle improvements that go into every great shot — white balance, exposure, shadow, and highlight detail — so you can focus on adding your own creative finishing touches.
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo Core ML algorithm.
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered ML Crop.
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Pixelmator Photo includes extensive collections of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects.
• Create and save your own custom presets.
• The Black & White presets are based on classic black & white analog films for creating authentic monochrome shots.
• The Cinematic presets emulate the orange and teal look, letting you quickly add striking color contrasts.
• The Classic Films and Modern Films preset groups are based on some of the best-known and popular analog films from the past and present, creating subtle and tasteful analog photography looks.
• Use presets in the Landscape, Urban, and Night collections to quickly enhance your nature photos, city photography, and night shots.
This update improves memory management, especially on the iPad mini 5 and iPad Air 3, fixing a number of related crashes and brings several additional improvements and fixes.
• Improved memory management for issues caused by opening photos that need close to the maximum memory allocated by iOS. This fixes a number of related crashes.
• Events and People albums synced from macOS via iTunes will now appear in the photo browser.
• Albums synced from macOS will now be sorted alphabetically.
• Photos synced from macOS that aren’t in any album will now be available in All Photos.
• When syncing via iTunes, Pixelmator Photo documents will now appear in File Sharing.
• Fixed a number of cases where the Modify Original in Photos option in the Share menu would be enabled when it shouldn’t.
• Modify Original in Photos should now work even after deleting and reinstalling Pixelmator Photo.
• In some situations, rotating the screen while using the Crop tool would misplace the cropping handles. Fixed.
• Selecting the None crop preset would cause Pixelmator Photo to stop responding. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Photo in general? We’d love to hear it at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful and easy to use - possible replacement to lightroom CC
This app does not bring anything completely new to the table as there are a lot of apps which can do similar adjustments and even more but it has huge advantage over some of them and its speed and ease of editing large number of RAW photos from your camera, which puts its very close to what Lightroom is good for. (Seems to be quicker in editing RAW files than RAWpower and Darkroom)
Having used lightroom on ipad as a complete replacement of the desktop lightroom classic i.e. editing minimum 1000 photos (RAW) from photo shoots and providing them to the clients, the major advantage of lightroom cc on ios have been its organisation abilities (rating of the photos) and its speed.
This app is very close to being this alternative to lightroom on ios but with no subscription charge, which is amazing but it still lacks some of the organisation features of lightroom - which I think is a minus.
Compared to RAWpower or Darkroom, again Pixelmator is not dramatically different but it is so much quicker and smoother editing RAW files than in the apps described (Ipad pro 2017) putting it so close to be an alternative to lightroom.
I think, if the organisation abilities of this app can be improved with easier importing from camera roll, this app would be a great lightroom cc replacement in some ways.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review — we know the workflow side of things can definitely be improved and we'll be doing or best to focus on it with future updates.
Average app with THE ugliest app icon
I’ve been a graphic designer for many years, and in all that time, I’ve hardly ever seen an app icon quite as hideous as this. It’s beyond awful, and looks pretty horrible on my home screen. I kinda wish I hadn’t spent money on it. So please, for heavens sake, update the icon. Commission me, if it helps, but change it either way. The disappointment doesn’t end there. I’ve used Pixelmator products since the very beginning, and loved the powerful new tools and innovations they created, especially for iOS but also for Mac. Bringing such incredible apps to the iPad made the designers life easier. This release, however, isn’t groundbreaking or exciting. It covers many of the basic tools countless other apps already have, so such an anticlimactic release from Pixelmator is disappointing, to say the least.
Super impressed, but...
Genuinely really love the app and have been looking for an app to include in my photography workflow for ages. This really opens up some rather interesting possibilities. However, what would make it a true photographer’s best friend would be the ability to either edit directly in phosphate (this may very well be a limitation of iOS) or allow you to import a whole session from iCloud or other Cloud services and edit them (some sort of carousel view to go from one t next without the need of getting out of the editing flow). Oh and the ability to copy and paste adjustments for consistent editing would be gold.
Really like his and hoping to see it developed further.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, we're on the same page re. future improvements. 😉
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 163.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.