By Pixelmator Team
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions amazingly simple. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, send them to iPhoto or Aperture, email, print, share, or save them to popular image formats–all right from Pixelmator.
And, the new Pixelmator 3.0 comes with full OS X Mavericks support, non-destructive Layer Styles, a complete set of Liquify Tools, and the new state-of-the-art image editing engine.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Distort or transform to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Over 160 different breathtaking effects you can play with
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Applying any of the layer styles presets is as simple as drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• You can completely skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
What's New in Version 3.1
Pixelmator 3.1 Marble introduces new features and improvements, including the following:
• Exclusive new Mac Pro support: Pixelmator 3.1 Marble takes advantage of the new Mac Pro’s incredible power and speed with its Dual GPU support. This means that in just about any edit you make, you will feel the remarkably smoother and more fluid performance.
• 16-bit support on the new Mac Pro: The incredible power of the new Mac Pro allowed us to bring to Pixelmator exclusive 16-bits per channel color image support. You can now edit rich and vibrant images in Pixelmator 3.1 Marble on the new Mac Pro.
• Order Prints: Bring your beautiful pictures to life as stunning high-quality and meticulously finished prints right from Pixelmator 3.1 Marble.
Optimized for the New Mac Pro
• Both GPUs are used simultaneously when applying effects: one for computing the effect and the other one for composition rendering.
• 16-bit per channel color images are supported.
• The image auto saving is computed in the background while image composition is being rendered.
• Optimizations made for all 4-core, 6-core, 8-core, or 12-core Intel Xeon processors for better zoom out handling and faster bitmap layer duplications.
• GCD Dispatch I/O technology and PCIe-based flash storage makes opening and exporting high resolution images faster.
• Increased memory bandwidth is fully utilized for Pixelmator operations.
Layer Styles Improvements
• Now, you can select more than one layer with styles and change the opacity of the selected layers all at once.
• When you move a selection made on layers with styles, the layer style always stays visible, even when you go to another app and back.
• You can now apply styles on a new layer right after you’ve painted with the Paint Bucket Tool or the Pixel Tool.
• When converting layers with styles into regular layers, the Opacity setting always stays intact.
• When you clear layer contents, the layer style icon disappears as well.
• The Styles palette stays active when you copy layers with styles into a newly created document.
• You can now change the gradient fill for newly created text or shape layers from the Gradients palette without opening the Styles palette.
• When you choose a color in the Colors palette, it doesn’t change the color choice in the Styles palette.
• You can now remove style presets even if you have several layers with styles selected.
• After you clear a layer style, you can now remove layer style presets.
• Pointillize, Pixelize, Mandala, Concert, City Lights, Color Hatch, X-ray, Infrared, Line Dye, Tracer, Scanner, Newspaper, Neon, ASCII, Blue Print and Projectile effects are now available again.
• The effects’ rope is now more stable.
• Improved RAW image file format support.
• You can now turn off Auto Select on shape layers as well as on the others layers.
• When you Control-click the selection on an empty layer, you can now choose Refine selection from the shortcut menu.
• When grouped text layers are duplicated, the text stays visible.
• When text or shape layers are converted into pixels, the Opacity setting stays intact.
• Now you can drag a gradient preset to the Finder.
Improvements have been made for the outside stroke effect.
• New layers are no longer added when painting with the Paint Bucket Tool set to 0% of Opacity.
• Colors are updated in the Fill dialog correctly, whether you choose the dialog from the Menu bar or use the keyboard shortcut.
• The “Low disk space” message no longer appears when there’s lots of space on the computer.
• Improved localizations.
• And other tiny-yet-annoying bugs, random graphical glitches, and crashes have been fixed.
Once you’ve got used to it, …it’s amazing for the price
As a former Windows, and Paint Shop Pro, man, it took me some time to get used to the interface on Pixelmator (not helped by the fact that PSP is the standard used in my all-Windows work network!). However, I have become increasingly impressed by the software’s simplicity and ease-of-use. I can’t recommend the software highly enough for what I do, …that is edit photographs, create simple graphics for flyers/invitations etc. (even my wedding invites, menu cards etc.!), …then you are on to a winner with Pixelmator. My only gripe is that some of the rival graphics software on here have iPad versions so that you can edit ‘on the go’ (a useful feature for someone who travels as much as I do). So, an iPad app in the future please...
Brilliant alternative to Photoshop Elements 12
I bought Photoshop Elements 12 to discover that Retina MacBook Pros are NOT supported… Unbelievable.
So I promptly got a refund, and went on the hunt for an alternative…
That’s when I found Pixelmator, and have been more than delighted… Its perfect for me in many ways, opening and sharing layered .psd files without any issues etc.
Once you’ve learnt how it works and understood all the tools, its just fantastic.
Full screen is great to use as well, and its perfectly compatible with my Retina screen.
So buy without hesitation...
I have used Fireworks (Macromedia then Adobe) for years and years, and lost patience with their insistence that I pay for complete upgrades at huge expense, and even then they would run slowly on my (new) iMac. Along comes Pixelmator. What a breath of fresh air! Stable, fast, intuitive. Never going back. It does everything I wanted from Fireworks without the expense of Nurofen. Thoroughly recommend it.