By Pixelmator Team
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions amazingly simple. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, send them to iPhoto or Aperture, email, print, share, or save them to popular image formats–all right from Pixelmator.
And, the new Pixelmator 3.3 is redesigned to cohere with OS X Yosemite’s fresh and modern look, brings new OS X Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iPad.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Distort or transform to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Over 160 different breathtaking effects you can play with
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Applying any of the layer styles presets is as simple as drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• You can completely skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
What's New in Version 3.3.2
This update includes support for the new Photos app and the new Force Touch trackpad. It redefines the performance of Pixelmator’s awesome Repair tool, and contains other improvements and bug fixes.
• Now you can quickly access your Photos library right from the Photo Browser in Pixelmator.
• Paint with pressure sensitivity using the Force Touch trackpad on the new MacBook and MacBook Pro.
• Wipe away unwanted elements from your photos up to five times faster with the enhanced Repair tool.
Other improvements and bug fixes:
• You can now repair images non-destructively on a transparent layer placed in front with the “Sample All Layers” option selected.
• The app would previously stop responding on certain Macs when using the Repair tool with the document name popover visible. We fixed this.
• Performance used to get a little slow when working extensively with colors and styles of text and shape layers. Not anymore.
• The “New Layer from FaceTime” feature now works perfectly on all Macs.
• The Layers palette no longer dims after changing the image size.
• After using crop and undo actions one after the other, the thumbnails of grouped layers used to show inaccurate previews of the enclosed images. Now they’re displayed beautifully.
• Sometimes, after dragging an image from a Web browser when the app was hidden or closed, the palettes failed to open. No more surprises.
• Now you can open 16-bit Photoshop images exported from Aperture.
• Previously, opening Photoshop images containing outer glow adjustments could cause the app to stop responding. That won’t happen again.
• Small images used to jump to full zoom when zooming out with the pinch gesture. We fixed that, too.
• The scroll bar of the Gradients, Styles and Shapes palettes used to hide part of their thumbnails when the “Show Scroll Bars” feature was set to “Always” in System Preferences. Fixed.
• The app used to stop responding when grouping shape layers into many subgroups. Fixed.
• Sometimes, when connecting a MacBook Pro with discrete graphics and OS X Yosemite to an external display, weird graphical glitches would occur. We fixed that, too.
• Once in a while, the alert “The file doesn’t exist” would pop up when trying to export a file in a different file format. It won’t happen again (fingers crossed).
• Now you can Send Backward as many layers as you wish.
• The thumbnails of newly created gradients wouldn’t show up properly in some localizations. Now, they are displayed just as they should be.
If you think Pixelmator is awesome, please take time to write us a nice review. It would make us feel good about our work and help others find the app they might be looking for. Thanks a lot!
A little gimmicky rather than user-friendly
I’n not a Photoshop expert, although managed well enough when I’ve used it. I bought three programs from this company: Pixelmator, Intensify and Tonality. They are quite cute, but I realised after a few months that I’m hardly ever using them as other programs I have seem to work better, are more instinctive, and quicker. Each of these, Pixelmator, Intensify and Tonality, can improve photos in different ways and offer some nice effects, but if you want a specific effect rather than what they offer it is harder work. Just having a selection of filters is more the realm of free programs these days and I expected something a bit more professional (as well as something that didn’t bug me to write reviews or buy more of their products all th time). Certain basics ought to included in such suites. For instance, this afternoon I simply wanted to colour a white background. After struggling unsuccessfully with each of the above three products by this company, I loaded the jpeg into Mac’s built-in Photos (was iPhoto) and it perfomred the operation with one click.
Admittedly many people want something in-between “free” and “very expensive”: sadly Pixelmator is not it.
A decent photo editing App with a horrendous UI.
Pixelmator represents good value for money and is a decent photo editing app, with good functionality. However, other reviewers have made reference to several issues which I totally agree with. It is gimmicky in part, many effects simply do not work as they should or simply do not work. The most glaring issue is the UI, this needs to be drastically altered as it is simply awful, floating panels do not do it for many users, and text is sometimes difficult to read. I have previously made reference to Affinity Photo from Serif which has been in beta for several months and has now hit the app store. Take a look at a real Photoshop Alternative !! I can see me using both Apps if Pixelmator can revamp the UI, in the meatime I am deleting this app to concentrate on Affinity Photo.
Such a Powerful Piece of Software
This has so many great features. Once you know where to find each tool you can edit great looking pictures in minutes.
The new update made the repair tool even better. This app has to be the best value for money. I’d say it’s one of the best photo edited apps available. Easily worth twice the price they ask for it.