Pixely is the easiest way to make amazing pixel art.
"This is the best, and easiest to use pixel art app on the iPad. The UI is clean, the canvas is clear. This is the app I've been looking for." ~ John the artist, US App Store
"Perfect for everything I use it for. Money very well spent." ~ Chase game, UK App Store
"I'm super happy with this application so far... this one has the most features geared towards making pixel art that I need! The onion skin is terrific for making sprites for my game while I sit away from my computer. Keep up the fantastic work!" ~ WSDragon, Canada App Store
A feature-rich and friendly pixel art and pixel-level image editor made for everyone from the dabbling game art fan to the experienced artist, and anyone in between!
-- A Flexible Workspace --
• Edit huge canvases up 1024x1024 on iPad 2/Mini, 2048x2048 for iPad 3/Mini 2 and up, and 4096x4096 on iPad Pro 10.5 and up
• Adjustable canvas sizes let you change the number of columns and rows, with or without scaling - it's your choice. Unlike other apps, scaling up linearly (2x, 3x, etc.) will not distort your colors
• Bookmark up to 40 colors per canvas (50 on iPad Pro 10.5, 75 on iPad Pro 12.9) and create reusable palettes of up to 272 colors
• Helpful descriptions are available for every button and screen
• Undo/redo per canvas, 1x-120x zooming, toggle outlines, flip, rotate, and more!
• Pixely's Art Viewer allows for quick and accurate enlarged or tiled previews, with care taken to scale art proportionally, preventing distortion and unwanted color changes
• Use your canvases as layers or animation frames, each with their own opacity/alpha. Making layered art and animated GIFs has never been easier!
• But wait... there's also Apple Pencil support, onion skinning, mirrored UI mode, custom app tinting, and more...
-- Highly Portable Artwork --
• Load and save art files, which include bookmarked colors, with support for folders. You can also preview your files as thumbnails before loading them
• Artwork is continuously saved as you make changes, so you can focus on creating instead of saving. In fact, your entire session is restored when you re-open the app
• Import images captured from your camera or from Photos
• Import images that have been copied from other apps, such as Safari
• Import animated images as frames and export them back out as GIFs
• Export one or many canvases at once to your app files, Dropbox, photos, email, Facebook, and Twitter
-- Create & Curate Colors --
• Pixely supports every color in the 16 million, 24-bit color spectrum with opacity
• Start simple… select your colors from 234 evenly spread presets
• Go pro… edit any RGB/HSB color using sliders and brightness toggles
• Be consistent… create palettes of up to 272 colors that you can load, save, and share
• Import colors to get the exact shades that inspire you from your canvases, files, and images
• Quickly manage palette and bookmark colors
• Recently used colors are only a tap away
• Game Devs: Create a retro 8-bit or 16-bit effect by automatically color-reducing canvases to only use colors from your palettes!
-- A Dynamic Toolset --
• Flexible drawing tools allow you to create art using variable-size pencil, freeform line, rectangle, and fill tools, all with optional symmetry
• Shading (Burn/Dodge): Add or remove shading uniformly or randomly using any drawing tool
• Select, copy, and paste pixels on any canvas with simple previewing. Pasting is powerful in Pixely -- use copied pixel data like a brush to quickly paste selected pixels, or easily create patterns for dithering effects
• Replace Color: Change all pixels of one color to another color
• Eyedropper: Set the current color by selecting one from any pixel
• Shift: Reposition the art on your entire canvas without copy-pasting
We love using Pixely and want you to enjoy it as much as we do. Please recommend any features or report bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org, on Facebook, or @PixelyApp on Twitter.
Fixed a few more bugs that crept up when using symmetry.
Just more bug fixes; updated site links. The next feature update is coming later this month!
Ratings and Reviews
I was looking for a functional, nice looking but not unnecessarily flashy app for spriting fun, and this fits the bill perfectly. Nice feature set and intuitive - top work!
Great little app, But...
Love the app but i have one issue... I keep trying to draw a line but you have to press each pixel individually. Is it possible to add a toggle to allow the painting of multiple pixels in one go? I still would like to set to only one pixel at a time though for precision work. Keep the updates rolling in! Thanks in advance.
Fits any needs in pixel art the perfect balance between easy and powerful
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.