By pinkfroot limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plane Finder shows live moving planes on a worldwide map and has been beautifully re-engineered for iOS7. The map view is front and center giving an uninterrupted view of air traffic and features are quick to access.
Plane Finder has been top rated and top ranking since 2009 and covers most of the world, tracking 12,000+ planes simultaneously.
Search by flight number, place name, airport, airline and aircraft or browse the map.
23 different plane markers are included and airline logos are displayed next to planes for easy identification.
Simply tap a plane to see detailed flight and aircraft information including photographs or tap an airport to see live arrivals and departures boards.
You can even use Augmented Reality (AR) view to identify planes overhead using your device camera.
Custom alerts are unlimited and free to use, so you can take a break from watching the air traffic and let the app notify you when a plane is in the air or nearby.
Powerful and unlimited custom filters are also free to use. You can create, save and name as many filters as you need for quick access to the planes you are interested in.
Add and browse bookmarks to saved locations around the globe to quickly navigate to areas or airports of interest.
If you prefer a list view of planes to the map view, use the sortable List View. You can also rearrange the table columns for ease of use.
FAA US and NATS UK aviation charts are available as an in app purchase as a visual alternative to standard maps.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more. We have millions of happy users and Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features. Our support team always listen to and reply to feedback.
At a glance our worldwide coverage includes -
• Europe 95% - realtime
• North America – 100% via slightly US delayed data – Nationwide realtime ADS-B network in place and capturing 95% of ADS-B equipped aircraft
• Rest of World – Excellent coverage in Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries
Plane Finder works by picking up real time ADS‐B signals used by aircraft to transmit positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS‐B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS‐B is increasing all of the time. Traditional radar type data in near real time is also included for North America; this is subject to a short time delay.
Disclaimer: The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
What's New in Version 7.0.3
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to let us know of a few issues in the current version. We have..
• Fixed the graph - the colours are the right way round now!!
• Updated to airline code AZY
• Fixed an issue with filters in mph
• Corrected South African airport locations
• Resolved a problem with receipts for in app purchases receipt of VFR charts
Each new version wipes out old reviews so please help us by leaving a new review. You should be prompted in a few days time!
We cannot reply to reviews so if you have any feedback for us please email email@example.com - we always reply.
Shrinking the world
What total fun this App is! I work in London and Hong Kong and also in Switzerland as do a number of friends and colleagues. So I don't need a substitute for the real thing as I fly back and forth at least once a month but it's somehow enjoyable to see where one's friends are in their travels. Once I had a daughter's and a son's girlfriend's flights on the same screen going in opposite directions over Central Europe - capturing the screen saves these schoolboy moments for ever!
As I live near Heathrow I can put an airline to the noisy late night overflying by using the AR function. Same with my Sunday mornings by the harbour front in Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon. And I can also see where the aircraft that I fly on went yesterday! Using the history function shows where each plane has been of late.
My only regret is the yawning gaps in coverage over China and Eastern Russia and strangely over Helsinki Vantaa airport(I use Finnair to fly to HK cheap and good business class) where the flight path extrapolation function mysteriously has flights from London heading off towards the arctic!
All in all a great combination of fun toy and useful tool!
The A380 Of Apps
Like the 380 it looks good on the outside but wait till you see what's waiting for you on the inside! loads of features including Filters, alerts etc .... At this present time the App can't offer you a massage in VIP class but I'm sure that will appear as an in App purchase in future updates 😋
Great support from the Pinkfroot team too, they are always ready to help should you have a question and if you have any suggestions or tips they will consider that too ....
Buy it today .... it cost less that the dust cap for a A380 wheel 😄
Great concept but lots of flights missing
I recently purchased this as a bit of fun whilst bored to track my brothers flights! He was travelling on 2 flights from Hong Kong to Birmingham with changeover in Dubai. Neither of his flights were showing up, both said flight not in air or not able to be tracked, I assumed it was a tracking issue but downloaded flight radar app anyway just out of curiosity, ping, my brothers flight was there in all it's glory, will be using flight radar from now on I'm afraid! Given it 3 stars because it's a great app if you are lucky enough to find your flight!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 07 February 2014
- Version: 7.0.3
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Developer: pinkfroot limited
- © pinkfroot limited 2010-2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- NATS VFR Chart - Southern England & Wales - 1 Year Subscription£9.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Southern England & Wales - 90 Day Subscription£4.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Northern England & Wales - 90 Day Subscription£4.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Northern England & Wales - 1 Year Subscription£9.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Scotland - 1 Year Subscription£9.99
- NATS VFR Chart - Scotland - 90 Day Subscription£4.99
- FAA VFR Charts - 1 Year Subscription£9.99
- FAA VFR Charts - 90 Day Subscription£4.99