3D guide to the solar system for aspiring astronomers
Over 10 million downloads!
• Sky 2D: locate planets with flat view of sky
• Sky 3D: planetarium style view of the sky
• Visibility: shows times when planets are visible
• Globe: rotating 3D globe of planets and moon
Smoother motion tracking
Location requested only while using app
Improved iPad user interface using popovers
Entire screen now used on iPhone 5 and up
Updates for iOS 8 and iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Out of this world!! (I know, I know)
Had this app since my very first iPhone, still amazes me now with the accuracy etc have recommended to lots of friends as well...
Never really been into star gazing as such, but downloaded this great app so that me and my young daughter could try and identify the stars on a clear night, brilliant!! Especially the 3d planetarium. Couldn't believe that we even managed to identify mars! Also, the accuracy of the bright stars in 3d mode made it really easy to locate them in the night sky. Well done!
Got to be one of the best Apps
Been using the App since it first came out and on a 3GS.
As I’ve upgraded my phones over the years, now an SE, it’s just got better. With the faster processing etc etc the display responds instantly and is so smooth as you scan the sky.
A big thanks to the developers for producing such a superb App.
Don’t often write reviews, but this is a excellent little app. I and the family have used it several times in the last few days, it’s simple interface and good looking graphics have made it a joy to use.
- Dana Peters
- 14.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Dana Peters
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.