Unearth the secrets of the green kingdom! Explore interactive dioramas of the forest, desert, and grasslands. Dozens of species spring to life & new surprises arise with every adventure in this STEM-aligned digital sandbox.
“If all apps were like Tinybop’s, we wouldn’t worry so much about our kids staring at screens.” — WIRED
Plants is No. 2 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library series, designed for curious kids ages 4+ to dive deep into big ideas. The apps in this series have won Best of the App Store, App Store Editors’ Choice, Parents’ Choice, and Children's Technology Review Editor’s Choice awards.
* Explore interactive dioramas of the forest, desert, and grasslands.
* Detailed illustrations show plants and animals in their natural habitats.
* Algorithmic animations yield new surprises in every play.
* Spin through days, nights, seasons, and years, to uncover each biome’s lifecycles over time.
* Conduct the weather, ignite a wildfire, and burrow with barking critters.
* See plant and animal life above and below ground.
* Learn new vocabulary with labels in 50+ languages, including scientific names (select languages on your device or in the dashboard).
* Identify species with removable and affixable labels.
* Digital sandbox encourages open exploration and learning.
* Create a dashboard to learn about new updates and apps, delete accounts, change languages, and support your kids’ experiences in all Tinybop apps.
* Smart-device features, including the microphone and gravity sensor, are employed for immersive effects.
* Original artwork and sound design.
* No rules or levels—curiosity is rewarded.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy very seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child, nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is neither collected nor distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: email@example.com.
Compatible with iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2, 3, mini, and Air. **This app is optimized for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s or higher. Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
BTW. It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop.
Minor improvements. ٩(^.^)۶
Ratings and Reviews
See how plants and animals interacts in nature.
Limited content for four years
This app has a “four year” age suggestion but at that stage, BLOCK CAPITALS are not useful. Took me a while to see Alpha Alpha is the only plant to SEE growing- needs simple explanations and appropriate font.
This app does very little
This app is not worth your money. It comes without explanation and does so very little that it is barely worth four minutes of anyone's time. I would be ashamed to show this to my kids as they would be instantly bored and get nothing from it.
- Tinybop Inc.
- 362.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tinybop Inc., 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.