Platinum Music Album Player
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Platinum Music Album Player (Platinum for short), is an alternate music album player with a unique style and features for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (one app works on all your iOS devices). Interact with your albums in ways you haven't been able to before and gain a whole new appreciation for your music collection.
• Play or shuffle songs from any album, artist or playlist
• Wall to wall album covers in all orientations
• Album Size option (3 sizes on iPhone, 4 on iPad)
• Play and volume controls with AirPlay support
• Swipe from the left edge for options and actions
• Swipe from the right edge for your playlists
• Tap albums for track list, tap a song to play in album queue
• Tap and hold any album to drag and drop to play or shuffle
• Full screen cover art with gesture-based play controls
• Search for songs, albums, artists, podcasts or audiobooks
• Mark playlists as favorites
• 3D Touch Home screen actions (requires 3D Touch device) including up to 2 favorite playlists
• Reload albums
• Album Size
• Order albums by artist
• Show/hide albums with no art
• Show/hide iCloud music
• Show/hide status bar
• Share what's playing
• Rate/Review app in the App Store
• Send feedback (via email)
• Show what's new
Tap the album art on the Now Playing bar for the full-screen cover art.
COVER ART GESTURES
• Tap to hide/unhide controls
• 2-finger tap to play/pause
• Swipe left for next track
• Swipe right for previous track
• Swipe down to hide cover art
• Tap and hold on right of screen to seek forward
• Tap and hold on left of screen to seek backward
(this list is also available on the cover art page in the app)
All information about your songs, albums, artists, playlists is read from your iOS Music library. Any changes you make to your music library will be reflected in the Platinum app. Some changes are reflected automatically, such as playlist changes. For other changes, such as adding/removing songs, you can perform a Reload from within the Platinum app.
Please keep in mind that because Platinum uses the iOS's music library and its playlists and because certain music library actions are not available to 3rd party apps, you will not be able to perform some actions from within the Platinum app (but you can perform them from within the Music app itself if you need to). These include:
• Adding/removing songs to the library
• Adding/removing/editing/renaming playlists
• Updating album art
Please also note that Platinum plays music through the Music app and its queuing system, which does not provide certain features you may find in some other apps that have built their own queuing system. These features include:
• Adding songs to the play queue
• Adding song transition effects (e.g. crossfade)
If you need to create a queue of songs in a particular order, please create a playlist in the Music app, organize it however you want to, then you can play it with the Platinum app with Shuffling turned off.
There's no room to list all tips here, but you can find some on http://discovolos.com/Platinum/
Please leave your feedback from within the app or via a review and let us know how you like the app and what else you'd like to see added! Please remember, we have no way of responding to user reviews. But we respond to all emails and help troubleshoot problems with all our apps. Email email@example.com for more help and follow @discovolos for the latest updates.
What's New in Version 2.2
Adjustments for iOS 11, iPhone X and minor fixes
- Category: Music
- Updated: 30 October 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: CHRIS PAVLOU
- © 2013-2017 Chris Pavlou
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.