By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· see what your friends are playing, compare trophies and view your profile or recent activity.
· chat with your friends, receive notifications, game alerts and invitations, then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· browse PlayStation®Store, pick up the latest hit games and add-ons, then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· take advantage of the in-app second-screen features (when available) for greater challenges and control.
· quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 4.20.9
- There is now a shortcut to the PlayStation®Communities app.
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
No point in 3 separate apps
Interface looks old and dated. Looks like something from iOS5... Did Sony PlayStation miss the memo that we are in 2016? For some reason they have now split all the functionality into separate apps on the App Store so now I have to have 3 apps to do 1 job. If I want to see who's online I have to go to this main app. If I want to message my mate, I have to switch to another app. If I want to see communities I have to switch to a third app! What an absolute joke from a company like Sony. Is your marketing and development team made up of clowns? God knows what they were thinking when they sat down in the office and thought, 'hey guys today let's make everyone's lives more difficult by making them have 3 apps instead of 1 that would be such a great idea!'. Sony please sign me up on your job listings, I would love the sound of that.
This has so much potential yet... alas there is none here
I don't understand why they have gone down the same road as Facebook and made two apps (one main app and another for messages)? Are programmers not clever enough nowadays to integrate the interfaces together in a single app? I'm constantly switching. Also I was hoping to use the remote controller feature to navigate Netflix and press buttons without the use of a controller. Again the only thing that works here is the keyboard and the home button... What about the directional pad and also including some action buttons too (X, O)? Apart from that it's a good app, I mean yeah the PS store is basically an IFRAME linking to their website but boo boo why can't they focus on improving other parts of the app?
Useful I guess......
Good, but it takes an age to load; I'm sometimes waiting 5 minutes just for the app to load up. Also, why three separate apps? If I finally load it up and see on of my friends is online, and I want to message him using your messaging app I have to wait another five minutes before the separate app loads up. By the time I've finished it would have been quicker to turn on my PlayStation,
and type it on there. Please make the loading time much, much shorter and merge the apps into one instead of three. Apart from that it's a decent app and can be sometimes useful.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 30 November 2016
- Version: 4.20.9
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.