By Sony Computer Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· see what your friends are playing, compare trophies and view your profile or recent activity.
· chat with your friends, receive notifications, game alerts and invitations, then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· browse PlayStation®Store, pick up the latest hit games and add-ons, then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· take advantage of the in-app second-screen features (when available) for greater challenges and control.
· quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 1.60.6
- The [Live from PlayStation] feature has been added.
- Playback of video in notifications from PS Store is now supported. These notifications appear under [What's New].
- This app will no longer automatically connect to a PS4™ system that is in standby mode.
- Stability has been improved.
Good but needs improvement
It's good to see this app working and that it has improved since I last used it, I like the second screen and the fact I can use my own keyboard makes it soo much quicker, but it needs more! Make it compatible with iPad as well as iPhone, stop taking me away from the app when I want to look at the ps store (if I wanted to go through Sony's website I would of) and improve the notifications and add push notifications. I'm in the middle of a conversation and have to keep refreshing not the whole point of the app keeping you connected if you have to do it yourself! IMO if you improved on those things this would be the perfect app!!
- no iPad version
- taken outside of the app to sign in
- app not very responsive
- second screen function is clunky. I like that it is possible to use a keyboard on my iPhone to type messages on my Playstation, but the keyboard function itself is buried a couple of layers deep. Sometimes it feels like it would be just as quick, and less fiddly to use the on screen keyboard on the Playstation.
- app encourages messages your friends yet can't mark them are read. When you sign in on a Playstation, you're told the entire conversation is new
Lacklustre. Unfinished & boring in design.
Improvements that need to be made:
- iPad support; I believe Xbox one has a very nice (& highly rated companion app) where is sony's iPad app support for the PS4?
- The login & PSN Store should be integrated into the app and not via safari (it's annoying but I understand this May be for security purposes).
- Needs a major redesign, the app looks terribly boring and doesn't represent the PS4 properly.
- A lot of crashes and bugs.
This app was considered a major component for PSN but it lacks the punch that it should get.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 31 January 2014
- Version: 1.60.6
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.