By Plex Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, and gives you instant access to them on all of your devices. With the free Plex Media Server software on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and easily share it with friends and family. Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now! Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to all of your screens (such as your computer, smartphone, tablet, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and more!)
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to all of your screens
• Remote control of your big screen Plex Apps
LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
NOTE: PLEX FOR iOS REQUIRES iOS 9.3+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 4.18
- Added Plex News, bringing personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US.
- Added a setting for opting out of crash reports.
- Skipping back beyond buffered video on live content could cause playback to fail.
- Fixed issue with Live TV not tuning when multiple airings were present.
- Tapping on the volume buttons in the video player would disable UI auto hiding.
Poor reviews written by aliens
Anybody writing a poor review about this app, needs to go back to computer class. Read the instructions.... it couldn't be easier. This is THE last word in media management. Massive online help (try using it some of you) and does exactly what it claims to. External access to your media with unsurpassed on the fly conversion make this thing about as professional as it gets. "But it won't play my media" ... it plays everybody else's, so do you honestly think that the app is at fault here? READ THE INSTRUCTIONS DINGBAT! If you don't like this when you've finished setting up..... there's something either technically wrong with your network, or you downloaded it in the mistaken belief that is was some sort of fitness program.
Seriously home media server
I’ve had a few media servers over the years, streaming video and photos to TV and devices from a NAS.
I heard about Plex from a podcast ad so gave it a try. I was really pleased there is a server application I could install on my Synology NAS, and the free version of the App was full blown for AppleTV. I was incredibly impressed with the slick operation, look and feel of the interface and that my media was automatically updated with meta-data artwork.
So impressed have I been that I’ve upgraded to the full package which lets me do so much more!
Well done Plex. Seriously well conceived and designed.
Can’t fault this app. I have it on so many devices. I got hundreds of movies and growing and I can watch them anywhere on any device. The smart tv plex app has got to be my favourite tho. Just click and play. No fuss easy to install :)
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 21 September 2017
- Version: 4.18
- Size: 73.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Plex Inc.
- © 2017 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)£4.99
- Monthly Plex Pass£3.99
- Yearly Plex Pass£38.99
- Lifetime Plex Pass£149.99