Plug into the most accurate and complete charging station map worldwide and download the #1 EV charger locator app.
- Engadget: "a complete database of public charging stations across the US."
- CleanTechnica: "makes trip planning easier and more effective."
- Green Car Reports: "tips from actual users of the individual sites [is] one of the most useful features--and there, PlugShare has the clear edge."
PlugShare has the world’s biggest and most accurate public charging map. You’ll find over 140,000 public stations, including all major networks in North America (Tesla SuperCharger, ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge, GE WattStation, AeroVironment, EVgo) and Europe (RWE, Clever, Endesa, Enel).
It’s also the world’s largest EV driver community. PlugShare users have contributed nearly 1,000,000 station reviews and photos to help drivers make the most informed charging decisions possible. It’s also the official EV charger locator for the Nissan No Charge to Charge Program(sm) and the MyFord Mobile app. PlugShare has been featured in the NYT and the WSJ, and the app was spotlighted on Earth Day by the App Store.
PlugShare lets EV drivers...
- Find public charging stations compatible with your EV.
- See station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and descriptions.
- Browse reviews and tips from other drivers.
- Quickly pay for charging through your phone at participating locations.
- Filter for chargers compatible with your electric vehicle.
- Add new charging stations as you discover them.
- Message fellow EV drivers: a great way coordinate sharing a charger (even non-networked stations).
- Plan your next EV road trip route and see all the charging stations along the way.
We have improved the welcome for new users and the entire sign in experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok but could be so much better
There are two issues that make this app less useful to me than I would like. Firstly it does not allow you to make any changes to any of the suggested routes. I take a cross country route to pick up the M25 but the app always wants to take me back in the opposite direction to join at the nearest junction which is only a marginally shorter distance but adds to journey time if driving clockwise. Secondly, it does not allow me to plan a round trip. Often the optimum stops on a return journey are not the same on the return leg as the outbound leg i.e. may need 2 stops getting to destination but only 1 on way back home.
Would also like to be able to fix range of car which in my case defaults to the range of most recent model with larger battery pack.
Sept 2018 update has made a mess
The Sept review has caused the comments on each charge to be “overprinted”, in my case using an iPhone 6 and iOS 12, so they cannot be read. The font in the comments looks a lot smaller too. It needs fixing fast as the comments are necessary to know the latest known status of a charging point, essential information for any EV user planning a journey or finding themselves needing a nearby charger.
Update 24 hours later: thank you, developers, for fixing this so quickly. The app has gone back to being my number one reference for charging locations. Thanks again.
Best of the apps for EV drivers
This is my go to app for charging locations, I like its community and ability to up load comments and updates. Driving EVs for 5 years now and the proliferation of charge locations is best updated by a community of users. Specific operator apps do not show the extent of the available network. I would recommend a second back up app should there be issues. As you will be aware if an EV driver always have a back up plan for charging and that goes for your location app too. Happy driving.
- Recargo, Inc.
- 100.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Recargo, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.