Pocket (Formerly Read It Later)
By Idea Shower
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
****** App Store’s Best of 2012 ******
****** TIME’s Best iPhone Apps of 2013 ******
Pocket lets you take your content with you. Whenever you come across an interesting article, video, or website you want to check out later, you no longer have to send yourself links or bookmark items in your browser. Simply put it in your Pocket.
Once something is in your Pocket, it automatically syncs across your phone, tablet, and computer so you can view it anytime on any device, without an Internet connection.
• WHAT YOU CAN POCKET - Articles, videos, recipes...anything you find online. It’s easy to save to Pocket from your favorite apps or desktop browser
• VIEW EVERYWHERE - If it’s in Pocket, it’s on your phone, tablet or computer
• EASY ON THE EYES - See your articles, videos, and everything else in a beautiful, easy-to-view layout that improves the consumption experience of any page
• ALL NEW HIGHLIGHTS - Calls out the best and most relevant content in your Pocket for quick browsing
• SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE - Easily send to a friend’s Pocket, or share via Facebook, Twitter, or email
Pocket is available for: Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Web
Save to Pocket with our Browser Extensions for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer
Learn more: http://www.getpocket.com/
What's New in Version 5.1
- You can now sign up and log into Pocket with your Google account
- Shares to Evernote while offline are now queued and sent successfully
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Commuting will never be the same
If you're someone like me who could never get bored browsing the web reading interesting blogs and articles, then you need this app. Especially if you get the bus/train/tube to work. Rather than waste time procrastinating every day reading stuff on the web, it takes click to add it to pocket, then you can forget about it and read it when you aren't doing anything important. You can read even without an internet connection, and everything you do auto synchronises with your account. You can even follow hyperlinks (or save them for later if you have no internet connection). Oh, and once you've used it for a bit you'll want to pocket everything, because it puts everything in a nice, pleasing-to-the-eye format. It really does make the scope of the internet your personal library. I can't think when I'll ever want or need to read a book again. It's not only the best productivity app I use, but the best app generally. Can't recommend it enough.
Rock solid core app
Pocket is great. Altogether solid. The dream pair is Flipboard and Pocket , the first giving graceful triage of rss/ news feeds /twitter, with slick easy sharing to the second (Pocket) giving seamless offline storage. Seamless too in Pocket is the cross platform integration (on PC the google chrome app and send to pocket links, the shared lists between phone and iPad.
Of course beautifully smartly and flexibly presented and regularly updated.
Simple and well integrated
Pocket is so easy to use - wherever and whenever I find something I want to read later or read again it's just one click to put it in my Pocket and a couple more if I want to tag it too.
Reading Pocketed items is also easy and pleasant. I wouldn't be without Pocket on my iPhone, iPad or Mac.
I've tried a number of other 'read later' apps but this one is the best.
- Category: News
- Updated: 27 February 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 23.8 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Idea Shower
- © Read It Later, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.