Pocket Guide Megaliths
By Senet Mobile UK
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Pocket Guide to Megaliths is a unique guide to Ancient and Prehistoric sites worldwide, accessing data submitted by contributors to the Megalithic Portal web resource for over almost 20 years. It has a built in database to allow navigation to sites and provides extra features such as live weather, sunset and moon phase information for all locations.
Proceeds from the app will support continuing development of the app and the Megalithic Portal Society's website, helping to increase the knowledge and protection of these precious sites.
Developed in collaboration with
The Megalithic Portal
Andy Burnham - Editor in Chief and Founder
The app accesses an ever growing database of around 50,000 sites and entries worldwide. Each entry is categorised and allows filtering using a range of criteria such as over 70 different site types, map accuracy, condition, access, country of origin, location etc.
Includes a wide range of information from the Stone Age, Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic, Bronze Age through to the Iron Age and the numerous tribal societies such as Celtic.
• Provides a short list of the latest entries and news items, updated regularly.
• News items may be selected to discover further detailed comments provided by the Megalithic Portal.
• Global filter, allows views to be restricted to specific selections based on criteria.
• Categorise by type, country, condition, accuracy, access, ambience.
• Detail page for every entry with useful information.
• Link to Map location.
• Link to the Megalithic Portal to read up on more information, pictures comments.
• Full colour photo for many entries.
• Select photo to use pinch to zoom.
• Map view, discover the Megaliths around the world or just those near you.
• Find megaliths by text searching or filtering.
- nb. Wildcards are supported
• Easily bookmark search results or individual entries to the bookmark view
• Add your own Custom Notes to ANY entry with the handy edit feature
Useful utilities are included to help when you are out exploring such as
• A Range and Height Finder.
• Worldwide day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
• Twitter and Facebook post notes to your wall or feed
Login to the Accounts in Settings
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary, may be performed as often as you like.
Please contact us to discuss the app, ask support questions or make suggestions for improvements.
Please direct any updates to the content directly to the Megalithic Portal
• This App requires an internet connection for some of its features.
• Slow internet connection speed will affect the performance for some features.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• On older devices such as iPad mini, the database may take some time to update, close running apps first and please also ensure you have updated the device with all the latest patches from Apple.
• Occasionally a few pictures show as rotated, this is an error which we are aware of and are looking into it.
What's New in Version 2.4.6
Fixes issue with News Feed not displaying.
Very useful and a nice looking app
A very well produced app.. lots of useful information (and updatable) which links directly with the excellent website for further info. Good functionality that allows the saving of pics and note taking. Where this app shines is its sheer convenience of seeing on an intuitive map all the places of interest.. a must have if you're out walking and want to know about a particular place. Worth the download in my opinion.
PS looks great on my iPhone 6 Plus, has none of that horrible zoomed effect malarkey!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 07 September 2016
- Version: 2.4.6
- Size: 42.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: R Harley
- © 2011 Senet Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.