Pocket Guide Red Sea is a great app to help with Marine Identification when visiting the Red Sea.
Contains nearly 200 entries of commonly found species around the Red Sea such as Corals, Nudibranchs, Fish, Game fish, Sharks, Dolphins, Sea Fans, Worms, Turtles, Snails, Crustraceans, Shells etc.
Also includes around 75 diving locations for various experience levels and depths, covering reef snorkeling and diving, ship wrecks and even lists a few coral cave sites.
Main Scroll View can be optionally categorised by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Threat (where risk of injury exists)
• Depth (approximated)
Search features to help identify various creatures
• Unique Colour search using Colour selection
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
• Group (called Shapes) search
• Map of Wrecks, Dive and Snorkeling locations
• Views covering a growing range of Wrecks, Dive and Snorkeling sites.
nb. The dive sites have been collated from a number of resources, we are happy to correct any inaccuracies as they are identified and resolve them in later updates to the guide
Sea Creature entries include
• Pinch to Zoom high quality image for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Primary Colours
• Specialised Information
• Culinary uses (where available/applicable)
• Traditional or historical uses (where available/applicable)
• Threat, brief description of toxins or poisons in some cases
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• Detailed Glossary
• Website and References list (will be updated through later versions)
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting Notes and Images to your wall or feeds.
Other useful utilities are included to help when you are out exploring such as
• A Range and Height Finder.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern and Southern Hemisphere
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
- nb. set your location on the map and GMT offset as required (defaults to GMT+3, Red Sea)
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
We are happy to consider including new features or species.
Please contact us to discuss the app, ask support questions or make suggestions for improvements using any of the following.
Please contact us if you would like to advertise a dive centre or service within this app.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• This App DOES NOT require any in App Purchases.
• This App DOES NOT have any on screen popup advertising.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• Please let us know if we have missed any common species so we can add them in later versions.
• Dive site information is provided as is and whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure it is correct at time of publishing no guarantee is given to its accuracy, completeness or that it is up to date, no liability exists for any damages substantive, intangible or otherwise that may result from the use or non-use of the information provided.
Pocket Guide Red Sea contains nearly 200 species and 75 dive and snorkeling sites including wrecks and makes a great reference guide for tourists and divers visiting the Red Sea.
We cannot answer questions or comments posted directly on the appstore. Please use our discussion board instead.
This version resolves an issue with showing home location on maps due to failure to correctly request permission.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.