Pocket Guide to UK Birds of Prey is an ideal quick reference guide to help identify Birds of Prey that have been reported around the UK.
Containing records listed by the BOU for the Birds of Prey that have been seen or found around the UK, the guide is ideal for ramblers, walkers or just to help with your childrens questions on a day out in the car to help identify Birds of Prey when sighted.
• A few of the birds listed are from BOU categories D and E, these are mentioned for completeness only as they are referenced from historical records of sightings in the UK and you would not usually be expected to see these.
• List around 90 pages on information on Birds of Prey found across the United Kingdom
• Categorise birds by Family, Genus etc
• Includes thumbnail images along with English and Binomial names
• Detail page for every entry with useful information such
- nb. Characteristics, common names, alternative names, binomial names etc
• Full colour photo for every bird
• Select photo to use pinch to zoom
• Find birds by text searching or filtering.
- nb. Wildcards are supported, your custom notes can also be searched
• Picture gallery view
- nb. Select image to view detail page
• Specialised Glossary
• Useful Website and other References View
• Easily bookmark search results or individual entries to the bookmark view
• Add your own Custom Notes to ANY entry with the handy edit feature
• Twitter and Facebook post notes and pictures to your wall or feed
Other useful utilities are included to help when you are out in the field such as
• A Range and Height Finder.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern Hemisphere only.
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
- nb. set your location on the map and GMT offset as required.
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
We are happy to consider including new features in future releases.
Please contact us to discuss the app, ask support questions or make suggestions for improvements using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection to work for most features
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Please let us know if we have made any errors or missed any UK Birds of Prey so we can update them in later versions.
• Please note that birds of prey and nests are protected and should always be treated with respect. Care should be taken not to disturb these birds or damage their habitat or environment.
• Please note this guide does not cover non-native imported species that are bred for captivity.
• Universal App now supports iPhone and iPad
• Now post your sightings Pictures as well as Text to Facebook and Twitter
• New Design and layouts
• Various Bug fixes
• Requires IOS 7.1 and above
Ratings and Reviews
This is clearly NOT an app about British Birds of Prey as advertised. Don't waste your money. Some U.K. Birds are represented but there's plenty about birds that are not native to U.K. Only 1 photo per bird. Information, very, very limited. It has future potential if some work was done on it. At the present time it is very mediocre and a bit of a rip off.
No way to search by features. Hardly any photos. Info is lacking. All a bit pointless.
Looks great, but yet to be used while away on my hiking holiday to the Lake District. The app seems to cover everything I might see. Lots of interesting info about the birds. A soundbite of the birds' calls would complete it for me. One small thing I've noticed though - the user guide mentions pigs...!!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.