By Pocket Places Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket York is your personal tour guide. It contains articles covering the best and most interesting places in York. Like a traditional tour guide, our articles will tell you interesting facts and entertaining stories. The majority of our articles are accompanied by audio commentary, that captures the essence of York using atmospheric music and sound effects.
* Broadcast quality audio tour guide commentary with music and sound effects.
* Offline Ordnance Survey mapping with GPS location support.
* Full text, photographs and other information such as opening times & entry prices.
* York's best ghost stories.
* Find articles from a list of contents, A to Z index or selecting from the map.
* Once downloaded, the complete guide runs offline.
Why download Pocket York?
* Find out what to see and do.
* Discover the stories behind the places that have made York what it is today.
* Learn fascinating facts about places you visit or intend to visit.
* Plan your itinery and follow your progress using the map.
* Experience the atmosphere of York from genuine sounds and authentic music.
Our talking tour guide will greatly enhance your discovery of York.
For more information and sample audio commentary see our website at www.pocketplaces.info
What's New in Version 2011.3
Enabled the app to run on ipad.
Don't listen to any of these comments
This is a great app and the woman talking does not have a dreary voice anyone that does not like this app (people up and down from this comment) are ridiculous get this app it's fantastic no wifi needed aswell listen to me GET THIS APP it's great!!!! 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
A dreadful app. A list of sights with a dreary audio commentary of around 3 minutes each (though it feels much longer). Content is the worst kind of travel advertorial, full of pure padding. Speaker very slow and with a ham actor style. Irritating and unbearable. Couldn't use it . I did try it listening to several different items, but didn't manage to last the full course on any of them. You have been warned.
It's a good handy guide to one of Britains most romantic cities, however slightly annoyed by all the previous fake reviews.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 02 March 2011
- Version: 2011.3
- Size: 80.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Pocket Places Limited
- © Pocket Places Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.