PocketAmp - Guitar Amp and Effects
By POCKETLABWORKS, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketAmp with iRiffPort is the best guitar amp effects system for practicing
with your iTunes music, supporting Pitch Shift and Slow Downer for learning!
* High Fidelity Digital Audio I/O
* 4 amps, 4 cabs, and 7 great effects
* Built-in iPod music player with instant access to ALL YOUR iTUNES MUSIC
* Time Stretch and Pitch Shift your iTunes music
* universal full screen support
* true stereo modulation effects
* plug and play with no configuration
* low latency DSP processing, with very short delay
Gear Diary, "Dial in just about any electric guitar sound with precision and with no latency issues. The ability to play along with my music is a feature that keeps me coming back over and over to practice."
Bass Musician Magazine, "PocketAmp REALLY got this one right. PocketAmp gives you access to your ENTIRE iPod library and offers the ability to fast forward, rewind and pause."
ProMusicApps, "Given the wide app support for the iRiffPort Digital Audio Guitar Connection, and the high quality sound it produces, this is a must for guitarists working in the app world."
Blog du mac, "A Marvel to be used without moderation".
INSTRUMENT ADAPTER IS REQUIRED.
iRiffPort on sale now world-wide!
* Clean, Blues, Rock, Metal Amps
* Silverface, Tweed, Classic, and Metal Cabs
* Gain, Volume, Noise Gate
* Treble, Middle, Bass
* Reverb, Echo, Tremolo
* Stereo Chorus, Flanger, and Rotary
* Chromatic Guitar Tuner
* Background Audio mode
* Three quick presets, unlimited named presets
* iTunes music play along with Pitch Shift and Slow Down
System Requirements for best performance:
1) iOS 4.3 or later
2) iPad 1/2/3/4, iPhone 4/4S/5, or iPod touch 4th/5th generation*
3) Guitar Interface (iRiffPort or other)
*Note: For iPad 4, iPhone 5, and iPod touch 5th generation, iRiffPort works with the Apple genuine Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
What's New in Version 2.0.16
Bug fixes for iOS 6
Solid effects, perfect for learning solos
Great app. Maybe not the world's greatest for range and quality of effects but sounds are very decent and cover all the basics... given the price it's certainly more than competitive with alternatives.
What makes it for me is the song trainer - very simple, very effective tool to isolate, loop, slow down and alter pitch of a song section and learn it. Hugely helpful for nailing tricky parts of a solo etc., and also a great tool for just playing along and sounding good when you have to keep the volume down or use headphones.
Icing on the cake: excellent customer service. I had a query and got a solution back by email within a few hours. Great stuff, great value for money.
Practical & Intuitive
Have used this app a lot since I downloaded it which isn't always the case with others! Easy to use with practical features, well worth the money. Oh and I had a question I asked of the developers, got a response within 24 hours at the weekend, great customer service!
It may in fact be brilliant IF you have a 'high end ' interface or iriffport but if not forget it. High end it see
ms doesn't include Behringer and Rocksmith interfaces. I may be cynical but I suspect the 'i' in high end might be a significant.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 23 October 2012
- Version: 2.0.16
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: POCKETLABWORKS, Inc.
- © COPYRIGHT 2011 PocketLabworks™, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.