PocketBible enhances your walk with God by putting resources and features at your disposal to improve your understanding of Scripture, empower your teaching and ministry, and keep you in the Word every day.
PocketBible couldn't be simpler to use! Go anywhere in the Bible by selecting book, chapter, and verse. Split the screen to view Bibles and commentaries side-by-side. Select the "Today" button to read today's devotional or Bible reading plan.
When you install PocketBible, you'll have instant access to the KJV Bible. Upon registration, you'll get access to over 40 other free Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, devotionals, and more. Hundreds of additional Bibles and contemporary reference books available via in-app purchase. Bibles and reference books reside on your device. No Internet connection is required once they've been downloaded.
Are you already a PocketBible user? PocketBible for iOS can access any of your previously purchased books and Bibles. And the notes, highlights, or bookmarks you've created on another platform will sync seamlessly to PocketBible on your iOS device!
* Easy book, chapter, and verse selection. Show books of the Bible in alphabetical order if that makes them easier for you to find.
* Quickly find any word or phrase in your entire library.
* Choose from several through-the-Bible reading plans and daily devotionals. Track your progress as you read each day.
* Keep track of what you learn with highlights, notes and bookmarks; sync to the Laridian Cloud for sharing with PocketBible on all your other devices.
* Study the Bible anywhere. No Internet access required after download.
EXPAND YOUR LIBRARY:
Choose from hundreds of popular Bibles and Bible reference titles including NIV, ESV, Spanish Bibles, Catholic Bibles, Study Bible notes, Greek and interlinear Bibles, plus dozens of commentaries, dictionaries, and other reference books.
* Split the screen to open multiple Bibles and/or reference books side-by-side.
* Supports "interlinear" and parsed Greek Bibles (sold separately)
* Supports multitasking (split view) on iPad - open another app beside PocketBible.
* Copy and paste verses to clipboard and to other apps.
* Choose from a variety of color schemes, fonts, text sizes, and margin settings to create a custom reading experience.
* Extensive built-in help.
IN-APP UPGRADE TO ADVANCED FEATURES:
* Let PocketBible read to you! Synthesized voice reads the text even while the display is off, or turn on autoscrolling and follow along as it reads.
* Full-screen Reading Mode clears the screen of buttons and controls so you can use the full screen for text.
* Journal feature lets you create named notes not attached to a Bible verse.
* Name your highlight colors to remind you what a particular color means.
* Unique "Autostudy" reports give you instant access to everything in your library related to a selected verse, word, or today's devotional reading.
* Display book panes "tiled" or as tabs.
* Additional color schemes, ability to hide verse numbers, disable sleep-on-idle, print directly from your device, and more.
- Added "Flexible Tab/Tool Bar Height" feature. When enabled, title bar and pane tabs (AFS) expand or contrast with the selected text font size.
- Added media player support so that you can control synthesized speech from the lock screen and task-switching screen.
- Starting an advanced search with the iPad toolbox closed would result in the search being ignored until it is entered again.
- Initiate a cloud sync when a list of bookmark categories or highlight colors is requested so that local data can be kept up-to-date.
- Searching book/journal notes could cause a crash under certain conditions.
- Changing the name of a highlight color was not be reflected in the list of color names until the list was dismissed and re-displayed.
- Bibles would sometimes go to an earlier verse than the one requested.
- The screen was not always being redrawn under the area occupied by the keyboard after the keyboard was dismissed in certain circumstances.
- Removed an option to output Autostudy results to PDF. Save as text or HTML instead.
Ratings and Reviews
A long term friend
I have been using PocketBible now for nearly 14 years. During that time I have used PB on a number of platforms, starting with the PalmPilot. Then Windows (at least 4 machines), Windows Mobile, iPhone, iPad and now my first MacBook. Originally I just wanted an NIV bible. But I must say, the variety on bibles and ancillary books that this app supports, the way they are synchronized and presented - is simply, awesome. The team at Laridian constantly invest in this app and it shows in its quality. It rarely crashes and does what it says on the tin. Remarkable when you consider how many platforms are supported. Laridian now leverage a Cloud to synchronize your choice of books and preferences across. Until now I have been putting my notes elsewhere because I was concerned about losing them when I moved to another device. But now that notes and highlights sync across your Cloud account, I am going to trust the app with my notes. Congratulations and God bless Laridian on producing this awesome app. Long may you continue.
The Bible with the mostest!
I’ve had this bible App from pre 2010 and when my HTC became outdated I switched to Apple and my purchases were converted by this great company.
What I like is the fact I can have several bibles within one app and navigate between them all with ease, comparing passages.
There are far more functions than I use, but basic bookmarks are really useful and highlighting text.
Inexpensive and 4 or five bibles on the go within my iPhone. Not too heavy!
I like the updated KJV, the Message and NIV.
Best Bible study app
I was using PocketBible on a different platform many years ago, having experienced a number of competitors and when I moved to iOS I was thrilled to discover that it was also available here. All of my previous purchases were valid and I was able to get started immediately. The latest update is great and takes functionality to the next level, with usability improvements etc. Thanks for the hard work, Laridian!
- Laridian, Inc.
- 24.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 by Craig Rairdin. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- PocketBible Upgrade to Version 2 Feature Set £5.99
- New International Version (NIV) £11.99
- New King James Version (NKJV) £11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.