PocketDr is the must-have app for all junior doctors with on-call responsibilities.
It is an aide-memoire for the things you know - but may not recall quickly in the dead of night with constant bleeps and distractions.
Succinct. Pre-digested info. When you need it.
- Checklists for assessment of the deteriorating patient. Be prepared for any NEWS call: Hypoxia, Tachycardia, Hypotension, low GCS.
- Checklists for management of 21 acute medical conditions including: ACS, AF, Asthma, Delerium, Hyperkalaemia, Sepsis and Seizures.
- Investigations: Interpret ABGs, blood results, CXR and ECGs quickly and correctly.
- Rational Prescribing: Prescribe the right drug at the right dose: analgesia, antiemetics, electrolytes, sedation and end of life care.
- Scores: Quickly score your patient: GCS, AMTS, CURB-65, Wells (PE), CHA2DS2-VASc to guide your management plan.
- User input notes function for each presentation: customise your PocketDr!
- Up-to-date, evidence-based information, on-hand when you need it.
Readership: Junior doctors with on-call responsibilities, up to junior registrar level. Clinical years medical students.
Authors: Paul Watson, Helen Burt
User notes function added for each acute presentation - customise your PocketDr!
Minor content updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Great aide memoire
As an F1/F2 this was a really useful app to help on the long night shifts providing ward cover. A good prompt of things to consider checking/doing/finding out before escalating to seniors. Since then still a useful to refer to when required.
Used it ALL the time when I was newly qualified. Still refer to it quite often. Very useful, concise and largely accurately. Recommended!
Very useful app that concisely shows helpful information in a simple and useable format.
- Medica Media Ltd
- 74 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Medica Media Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.