Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to and play your favourite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favourite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations and play position in sync across all your devices, computers and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sport and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favourites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favourite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favourite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favourite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions and your stations, and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This update resolves an issue where the 15-second skip buttons may not appear on the Lock screen when used with iOS 7.1.
Not great but it'll do
Having strayed for a short time with Downcast I'm back..
Things are a lot more stable these days but there's definitely room for improvements.
1. Dim podcast groups with no episodes
2. Text only / Smaller icon view for podcast groups
3. Share button should share individual episode information not just the source podcast link
4. The ability to add gain to audio. One of the only Downcast features I'll miss. Sometimes full volume just isn't enough with Apple's headphone. Little consistency between audio levels across podcasts.
Why doesn't Apple care about this app?
Apple remade it's name with the iPod. Podcasts were named after it. But Apple doesn't care. This app is garbage. I hate so many 'features' of it but the one I hate most is the one that made me miss my favourite podcasts: the automatic switching off of subscriptions if you haven't listened to one for a while. I didn't spot this was happening and missed some episodes which I can't now download, because I tend to batch up my casts and listen to them in one go. And I can't turn the feature off so I risk having it happen again. Apple, you are not my Mum. You do not know what is best for me. The reason I bought an Apple was because my previous phone was so crap and podcasts and I thought Apple must have it sorted. Ha!
Since the new update I can't do anything the app freezes to a blank screen when it loads. When i switch to it from multi tasking it's shows my podcasts but still can do anything using iPod 5g
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 March 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.