By Niantic, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 750 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced a revamped Gym gameplay experience, including the opportunity to join together with others to battle against powerful Pokémon in the new Raid Battle feature!
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers. You can also participate in Raid Battles at Gyms around the world. A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 1, 2017.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/7/7 Plus devices with iOS Version 8 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.49.4
Fun but about time you can transfer between teams
Title says it all really. It’s good fun. You can pick up and put down. Great to play with kids. But.. a lot of kids started the game picking a random team - Valour, Instinct, Etc... but now after playing a while they want to transfer to teams where they can work together to defend gyms etc.
Recent update is good but this lack of ability to do something quite simple is a really bugbear. It’s reduced a couple of younger kids I know to tears. Do this and then add in Pokemon trading and you keep fans happy. And add some really valuable team play and learning for kids (of all ages).
Keep it up Niantic it’s fun but needs tweaks.
Fantastic game but some ideas
This game is amazing and has great ideas behind it: very good for your health etc. But I‘m having trouble with raids more difficult than a wheezing. As I‘m one of the few players in my village it is only by chance that me and other trainers meet up at raids. Niantic need to make single player raids or something like that which means that you don’t need level ten level 30+ players to take it out.
As i said, great game great fun but just a useful tip🙂
I really enjoy playing this game! I’ve always loved Pokemon and this game made it even better, however, at one point the game crashed and I ended up having to delete the game, and when I tried to play it again, it was extremely complicated to try and sign in and get it going again. I hope that in the future, you will be able to fix the way things work, thanks! (And great game!) 💗
- Category: Games
- Updated: 08 November 2017
- Version: 1.49.4
- Size: 303 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins£0.79
- 550 PokéCoins£4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins£9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins£19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins£38.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins£99.99