Make a virtual visit to Port Sunlight’s past and download our app for free - Port Sunlight Illuminated
– shining a light on the history of Unilever at Port Sunlight.
Unilever brands have been used in homes across the world since the 1880’s and Port Sunlight is its
historical home in the UK. To celebrate 130 years of Port Sunlight, Unilever Art, Archives and
Records Management has a new app about the history of Unilever in Port Sunlight village, the
factory and the brands we have made here. Travel along the time line to find out when Surf was
launched or take a look at the interactive map to see “the flat iron” and its place in Port Sunlight.
· Images and information about some of the iconic brands from Unilever made at Port
· Pictures of the Port Sunlight factory in its early years
· An introduction to one of Unilever’s founding fathers – William Lever
· An interactive tour around Port Sunlight Village and factory, brought to life with multi-media images · The opportunity to explore some of Unilever’s older brands – do you remember using them? · A timeline of events and innovations by Unilever at Port Sunlight This app showcases just a few of the wonderful images from our archive collections which were designated as being of international importance by Arts Council England in 2009. It is only a taster of the enormous wealth of material we hold in the Unilever Archive and we hope you enjoy exploring Port Sunlight Illuminated.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.