Precision Pulse is a precision heart rate monitor (HRM) app intended for experienced HRM users and researchers looking to capture heart rate (HR) or RR interval data over extended periods of time.
• Compatible with Bluetooth Smart (BLE) straps and pulse monitors, and Polar type HRM straps using ithlete ECG receiver
• Conventional heart rate (HR) recording mode with individualized zone feedback, intensity bargraph & out-of-zone sound alerts
• Individualised aerobic and anaerobic training zones suitable for endurance or interval workouts
• First and second ventilatory (lactate) threshold estimation
• Sophisticated calorie calculation using age, weight, gender and fitness level (VO2 max)
• Training Load calculation using 3-zone (Lucia) TRIMP model
• Stopwatch & lap timer functions
• Detailed interactive chart showing heart rate & training load profile of current and stored workouts
• Training log with date, total & lap times, Calories, TRIMP, max and average heart rates
• Low power consumption – can be used in background to record hours worth of data
• RR recording mode capturing all heartbeat intervals to 1 ms accuracy
• Interactive chart which can be used during recording and to explore saved RR data files
• RR data export compatible with HRV analysis tools such as Kubios, Polar ProTrainer
• Compatible with iOS 7.1 and later
• Bluetooth Smart requires compatible hardware (iPhone 4s and later)
• RR mode requires compatible chest strap that transmits optional parts of Bluetooth 4.0 spec
Precision Pulse is an accurate, easy to use heart rate monitor (HRM) training app that provides visual and audio feedback of all essential heart rate functions.
ECG accurate heart rate, average & maximum heart rates, personal HR zones, workout and lap times are all supported, together with sophisticated training load (TRIMP) and calorie calculations.
Precision Pulse is also the first heart rate monitor app that incorporates Dr Phil Maffetone's 180 formula designed to maximise development of your aerobic fitness and ability to use fat efficiently as a fuel during exercise.
Requires additional hardware available from www.myithlete.com/products
Bluetooth Smart pairing completely reworked for iOS 8
5-zone heart rate barograph in measure view
New R-R interval recording & display modes
Improved chart interactivity
Ratings and Reviews
Great customer care
I originally bought this app and was very disappointed when using it with an old Polar heart rate belt. I now use it with a cardiosport Bluetooth belt from hrv fit ltd. and it does exactly what it claims to do. The customer care I received from Simon the director of this company far excelled my expectations. He is a true gentleman. Their other product the ithlete is first class. I have used it to inform my training every day for over a year now. Unusually I have had two periods of being unwell in this year and the hrv equipment predicted both before I became aware of the symptoms. HRV measurement has to take over from the tradition blood pressure and resting heart rate procedures in the future. This software coupled with the hardware are the cutting edge for anyone who cares about their fitness and well being.
Unreliable, crashes often.
Ive been running a few times now using this hrm and a polar chest strap. The interface looks nice and it is user friendly but every time i use it, it crashes loosing all the data from the run. This is incredibly frustrating as you can imagine. Also the iphone needs to be held close to the strap transmitter, it looses the signal if its in your pocket. You need to press the save button at the end of your workout so if it does crash at any point its all gone. So far for me it has crashed at different times during workouts and drops back to the main desktop screen of the iphone. My polar watch that goes with the chest strap isnt as good for data but at least its reliable - the ithlete adaptor wasnt cheap either. By the time you have the app and the adaptor you could get a very good heart rate monitor system without any bugs.
This is just great. Gives all the information one would get on a much more expensive fitness watch.
Time, max HR, mean HR, calories and fitness measure TRIMP. The TRIMP/minute can be used to measure effort each session and/or improvement over time.
The HR at 15 sec intervals can be downloaded to spreadsheet or specialised fitness software. VERY easy to operate.
£50 for the hardware, including a coded analogue heart rate monitor strap, + £5.99 for the app is extremely good value.
If you already have an analogue strap - only £32.
If you want a full watch as well as the strap, then a polar FS2c can be had for under £30. Useful, because it may be slightly awkward to look at iphone while exercsing, Easy on a byke, slightly more difficult running or rowing.
Also excellent support from supplier.
This version never crashed on me.
NB the companion ithlete app is also good but serves a DIFFERENT function, namely daily fitness & training readiness for thos wh want to seriously improve performance.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.