Multi-award winning app for people with speech disabilities who need a sleek, simple and smart way to communicate! Predictable speaks out the messages you type using your favourite from a selection of keyboard layouts (including 10 key keyboard, Apple’s own iOS keyboard, or any keyboard extension from the app store also works). Intelligent word prediction, which learns an individual’s pattern of use, makes communication even faster. Record your own voice saying familiar phrases or use your voice banked ModelTalker voice.
Save phrases in the phrase bank for quick access; add items to Favourites and set up the features for a more personalised experience. Switch accessible; people with significant physical disabilities can still work the app using one or two switches. Now in it’s 5th major iteration, with all new features and appearance.
“A company to watch in the future. Again, I like what they stand for and that the heart of their business is the desire to help people and their families be able to communicate with one another. Impressive awards and impressive company! Like that the heart of their business is the desire to help people who no longer have a voice to do so.” Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group.
VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM - 50% off to enrolled organisations
• Prediction engine for both British and American spelling, with intelligent word prediction and learning of new words and dyslexia support options
• ModelTalker Voice banking allows you to use your own synthesised voice to communicate
• 4 ModelTalker voices
• Option to use any of the in-built iOS voices
• Possibility to change the rate of the iOS voice
• News Feed to keep up with the latest news from around the world
• Link your phrases in categories to YouTube videos, iTunes songs or website URLs
• US/UK dictionary selection
• Accessible via Bluetooth switch box + switch/es (compatible with Therapy Box SwitchBox and RJ Cooper Switch Interface)
• Compatible with the iOS method of scanning
• Easy to use category folder system to store quick phrases or prepared messages
• Configurable settings for auto or user scan
• History view with access to latest phrases
• Use the whole screen as a switch with scanning (Touch Anywhere method)
• Send SMS**, Email*, update Facebook* or send a tweet on Twitter*
• Replace the keyboard with a note pad for on-screen hand-writing that works with the word prediction
• Have discrete conversations without text-to-speech in the Publish mode
• Customise your screen with different colours
• Options for increased auditory prompting and visual feedback
• Change colour and opacity of the text and background in the quick keys, the keyboard keys, and the word prediction bar
• Ability to increase the size of the word prediction text
• High Contrast option
• No WiFi needed to use most the app (only needed for updating news stories and sharing via email or social media)
2011: Mphasis Universal Design Award - Predictable
2013: Ericsson App Award Winner – Predictable
2014: Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation – Therapy Box
2014: Appsters Most Innovative App - Predictable
2015:- TechUK mHealth Best App Developers - Therapy Box
2015 - Nectar Small Business Award - Therapy Box
2016: German Medical App Award - Predictable
2016: Talent Unleashed Award - Digital SME (Tech innovation)
* Available on all iDevices, while in Direct Touch access method only.
** Available on iPhone in Direct Touch access method only
You can find more information about Predictable (including a full feature list to help gauge suitability) at http://therapy-box.co.uk/predictable.aspx
Prediction content improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect if speech problem
I have difficulty in speaking in general because of my brain injury
This works wonders taking away my frustration to get my point across
I have MS and suffer from paralysed vocal folds. This app is essential as it means during periods when I can’t speak I’ve got some way of communicating with family etc.
I expect better. The app design automatically adds Predictable / TherapyBox advertising to my emails. I might accept this if the app was free, but it really disappoints me that it does this. All it does is highlight my disability when the point is to help me lead a normal life. Please, please remove this. It cheapens the app and is totally unnecessary.
Thank you for the feedback. We will remove this in the next update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.