Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, German, English, Basque, Belarussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Swahili, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated the crash reports framework.
Ratings and Reviews
Scan to PDF. Edit scans. OCR text recognition & speech in many languages Uploads to Dropbox. Frequent updates to improve functionality & fix the few bugs. Keep up the good work
Developer Response ,
Thank you, we appreciate your kind words! /TC
I work with flip charts and wanted to be able to capture the writing and convert to a word document to save 'writing up' time. I understand that it would be unlikely to pick up scribbles but with the flip charts I use I am very careful to write neatly.
It works with some printed pages such as books or magazines, but only black lettering on white background. Even then it can be temperamental.
Could I get a refund please?
The best piece of kit I have used on the iPad by a considerable distance.
I cannot praise this app highly enough, it is, without question, the best piece of kit I have used on the iPad by a considerable distance.
I run a website in which we publish articles from old magazines. The process involved a scanner and then feeding the scanned text through Adobe Pro. In all honesty this was a hugely laborious task, the OCR for Adobe meant that that articles often required heavy editing and the whole process would take hours if not days.
I was intending to pay for a higher end scanner but decided to give this app a try And it is the best thing I have done. Six quickly taken photographs will capture in advance of 1000 words and the OCR is staggering fast (one second). More importantly though, it is terrifyingly accurate and will recognise words in other languages. The doc can then be posted straight to the web, or exported to Pages, Word.
What was taking hours can now be done in minutes thanks to this app. If I'd paid upwards of £200 I wouldn't be disappointed, at the current price it is an absolute steal.
- Creaceed SPRL
- 76.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2017 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice £2.99
- Graham - UK English Male Voice £2.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.