Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
We’re back with a few repairs and a coat of polish.
- Fixed a bug with undoing Freehand Selection
- Applying blurs to a selection now works correctly
- Fixed a crash when Undoing Select Layer
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- Improved interface for Drawing Guides
- Fixed an issue with Comparison Color
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- UI improvements for Compact Mode and smaller iPads
- Improvements to the sidebar sliders
- The Toggle QuickShape action in QuickMenu has returned
- New options for Assisted Drawing in Gesture Controls
- Fixed an issue with 30 Second Time-lapse export for short videos
Thank you for all your reports, reviews, and feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Fantastic app for a variety of styles.
This is a great app that I started using again after seeing a demonstration of Procreate’s perspective tools. The app has grown immensely from the early version that I used many years ago. As a professional artist working on comics, storyboards, commercial illustration and concept art I’ve found that I can use Procreate for almost all of my work which has left my cintiq companion gathering dust over the last few months.
This app is so intuitive to use it is pretty astonishing! The only function I would like to see added to it at this time would be the ability to either save multiple perspective set-ups so that I can easily switch between different set-ups for different panels when working on comic pages rather than having to rearrange the perspective guide. I think a lot of sequential artists would appreciate this as you could then work up an entire page’s worth of panels rather than have to work through panel by panel or rearrange the perspective guide.
Other than this suggestion, big thumbs up from me 👍👍👍
I’ve been using this app for so long and it’s been perfect for me, but the newest update has reset my brushes and changed a few things and I can’t do things I used to anymore. The sliders for size and opacity on the left are more way more sensitive, which is really annoying when you only want to make small changes. Certain brushes have changed a bit, like the dry ink. I use that for colouring but the update has just made it... weird to use? I just wish there was a way to like, remove an update lol
Update: when using the freehand selection tool, if I make a mistake I can tap two fingers to undo and then carry on and make it right. For some reason, whenever I undo after making a mistake in the freehand selection, it doesn’t allow me to carry on again. And I have to start my entire selection again, which is extremely time wasting and annoying. All in all, this update has way more Cons than pros.
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 186.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.