Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px for iPad 3+
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 1080p
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
What's New in Version 3.0.6
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in Apps for Earth by purchasing the exclusive Earth brush set, hand-made by Kyle T. Webster. By working together with Apple and WWF, you’ve helped make the world a little bit better.
The iconic Procreate spectrum has returned to your springboard once again, and we’ve also increased the limit on custom brush sets. In fact, the limit does not exist. Try and find it. We dare you.
Also Procreate 3.1 is just around the corner. Packed with features you’ve been asking for, we think you’re going to love it. Watch this space.
Great and desktop-class!
Procreate is a fast, fluent, and fully-featured app that gives desktop applications a run for their money. Coupled with the Apple Pencil, this becomes one serious drawing application that is perfect for drawing complex compositions.
As a long term desktop user, I was anxious to try using the iPad Pro as a full-time illustration device - thinking it would be a 'companion device' at best. The iPad Pro coupled with Procreate has blown well past my expectations, and although I may still need my Mac for some things this app has covered most of the bases.
The only thing I think ought to be added is deeper iCloud integration. As it stands now, your drawings are stored on the device only (although you can manually upload files to iCloud one at a time, so it does talk to iCloud but not to the same degree as other apps).
PERFECT ART APPLICATION ❤️
Do not know what the other reviewer found
so difficult about this app nor why they chose the app if they are not prepared to work out how to use it. This is such a clear easy application where all the brushes and tools are self explanatory so easy to use. And the answer to the enquiry; "Yes dear, we all know about PENS - We USE PENS, PAPER, CANVAS, CLOTH, BRUSHES, BAMBOO STICKS, A STICK FROM A TREE, ANYTHING THAT MAKES A MARK and the reason? "WE ARE ARTISTS". One of the greatest joys of art making is: "EXPERIMENTING". We use our CREATIVITY to EXPRESS OURSELVES, by making MARKS USING "DIFFERENT" types of TOOLS like ....... iPADS. 📲📲📲📲📲📲📲. And if you are so against iPads for creating, then why bother wasting your time and money to buy one!
This is a fantastic art package that stands high above the competition. The brush engine is great but lacks the depth of it's main rival 'Paintstorm Studio' which has a far superior level of customisation albeit with a terrible UI.
My main gripe is with the tilt recognition with the Apple Pencil. It is really inconsistent and jarring sometimes while drawing; it will jump to a huge brush size then back to pinpoint. There is also a lack of fine tuning the tilt in the same way that we have control over the pencil pressure. Fix these issues and I'd give Procreate 5 stars.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 25 April 2016
- Version: 3.0.6
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015£1.49