Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential.
Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
Procreate 3 has been updated with exciting new features for iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and iOS 9. There’s over 100 new features; including a gorgeous refined interface, brush engine upgrades, and Quickline: a new tool for straightening strokes.
New in Procreate 3, Early Access lets you purchase exclusive features ahead of time, or you can wait until they are integrated into the next release for free. In Procreate 3, Early Access offers breakthrough tools to add mathematically correct perspective to your art.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px for iPad 3+
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Transform Your Work:
- Efficient transform tool lets you shear, distort and resize selections or layersGot it
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 1080p
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
What's New in Version 3.0.3
This holiday season, one app must finish what it started.
- New improvements for Apple Pencil which make the start of a stroke extremely responsive.
- Fixed Tilt values that were too large for some brushes, although all tilt sizes are beautiful.
- Fixed occasional blobs at the beginning of Apple Pencil strokes.
- There is now a Softness setting for each brush. Additional softening gives better results on glazed brushes.
- There are significant improvements to stroke taper. Now we want to stroke a tapir. Have you seen those things? So cute.
- 6B Compressed and Wood brushes have correct sidebar defaults.
- If you reset a brush it also resets the brush preview.
- Once you went into a Gallery group in Compact mode you could never, ever leave. The Back button is now more than just a tease.
- We fixed issues with rotations on Eyedropper, pinching/zooming, and Instant Replay.
- Your FiftyThree Pencil, Pogo Connect and Jot Touch 4 stylii are stylin’ once more.
- We have resolved issues sometimes experienced when purchasing Early Access. Probably.
- Renaming a layer no longer sometimes makes the layer interface vanish. Yeah, nah.
- We've added some improvements for non-French speaking Italians
If you’re enjoying Procreate don’t forget to leave a review on the App Store, and to share your art with #procreate!
Leaves the competition standing
Update to below review: Procreate on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil DOMINATES. I've been using Wacom devices with desktop painting apps for years and this combination of hardware and software is the best I've used. If you're heavy into montaging and need serious image manipulation tools you're still going to need Photoshop, but for pure digital painting there's never been anything like this. I paid £5 years ago for this app and nothing since - best value ever.
Old review: It's not just iOS competition Procreate leaves standing. The quality of the brushes, the responsiveness, the refinement of the interface, even the quality of the support - there's just nothing like it. One of two things is going to happen. Either Procreate will come to desktop and dominate, or the desktop will integrate to such an extent with mobile technology that they won't have to. Either way Procreate is set for dominance in the digital painting world. I love it when a small team beat the lazy big players just through imagination, intelligence and hard work!
*clap clap clap clap (standing ovation)*
I can't even being to explain how truly awesome this app is! Every little detail is spot on! I'm not an artist, but I do have a vivid imagination! This work of genius brings thoughts and doodles to the page with ease. With numerous brushes and tools there is no end to the possibilities of creation... ProCreation! Even when this app gets updates, reading what has been updated is a joy! The creators joke with wit and puns that make me feel as though a friend is telling me how they are making my life better. Not a company that are driving for cash quick and fast and shipping out any old product.
If you are looking for this kind of app, DO NOT look further! If you read reviews to gage a product and are unsure on this one, give it a punt, thou shalt not be disappointethed!!... That's right I made up that word due to the euphoria ProCreate brings me!
More than a fine app!.... Still!
The guys at procreate know what they are doing!
A terrific art app that leaves all the competition on iOS behind. They understand the need for a clean fast uncluttered interface that delivers a set of useful 'arty' tools. What's more the latest version must be written well at a coding level as performance is still good on my first generation iPad mini. This is notable as iOS9 has nobbled the performance of my iPad generally!! At least I can use it as a sketch/art pad thanks to procreate :)
As always this release seems to be solid and stable with useful and non gimmicky enhancements... I only wish that I could afford an iPad pro to use it on... Perhaps in another life!
A truly good, solid, well thought out app.. Highly recommended.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 18 December 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 88.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015£1.49