Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Over Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9"
- Ultra High Definition canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Colour Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColourDrop
- Exact ColourDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 4K resolution
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 3.1.4
Sorry. We accidentally hit re-dial. Since we've got you though, we had to fix Quickline.
Leaves the competition standing
Update to below review: Procreate on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil DOMINATES. I've been using Wacom devices with desktop painting apps for years and this combination of hardware and software is the best I've used. If you're heavy into montaging and need serious image manipulation tools you're still going to need Photoshop, but for pure digital painting there's never been anything like this. I paid £5 years ago for this app and nothing since - best value ever.
Old review: It's not just iOS competition Procreate leaves standing. The quality of the brushes, the responsiveness, the refinement of the interface, even the quality of the support - there's just nothing like it. One of two things is going to happen. Either Procreate will come to desktop and dominate, or the desktop will integrate to such an extent with mobile technology that they won't have to. Either way Procreate is set for dominance in the digital painting world. I love it when a small team beat the lazy big players just through imagination, intelligence and hard work!
Goodbye my friend
The app is basically what started my entire art career, choice and course. Before I would just doodle horrid sketches, now I have gained so much from this wonderful program.
Unfortunately, I am completely broke and so, with a great deal of unexpected sadness, I may end up saying goodbye to procreate in the future as I am incapable of affording a ridiculously overpriced, new iPad that doesn't add anything in reality. I'll just be stuck with my iPad 3, so procreate developers, thank you for giving me a chance for a enjoyable career, it's sad to see you drop support for the ipad 3. Was nice while it lasted, don't call again and get my hopes up, you cheeky Devils.
Thank you - A sad customer, that is in the developers debt.
Back to art
I used to art pretty hard as a kid, then I discovered coding and now I'm 35 and a professional developer.
I recently picked up the Apple Pencil for other reasons and decided to start doodling in Procreate.
I now find myself reaching for the iPad + Pencil almost daily and go draw in Procreate.
I adore that I can effectively draw using a pencil, switch to a brush and paint as if I am using water colours. Then, wait, yes I need acrylics and then just a touch of airbrush. Detail with an ink pen? No problem.
Then, when I'm done, I get to export this out to a PNG, and for those that ask I can send them the video of how I managed to smudge the colour together.
Bloody love Procreate. Thanks for a great piece of software. So much so that I came to write this review unprompted.
Keep up the great work.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 07 October 2016
- Version: 3.1.4
- Size: 132 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015£1.49