By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organise your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with colourDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, Recolour
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s time-lapse replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
- Record everything in real time and share it to any connected service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 4.0.7
Here's a quick update to restore the correct background and title colors to all your swatch palettes.
In case you missed it, here's what we changed in the last update:
• You no longer need to live on a prayer when importing massive sized JPGs, odd file formats, and obscure PSDs.
• We fixed a crash that sometimes happened if you had an appetite for distortion.
• You can now safely use 'Add to Procreate' after choosing questionable files.
• If you've purchased the Earth brushes set, they're now back in black.
• We have improved the Calligraphy Set translations for Italian, French, Arabic or Turkish customers.
• The new Grade slider allows you to soften wet brushes for new effects. Looks so good makes a grown man cry.
• No longer visually age waiting for the Actions menu to open.
• The new Color panel was back-to-front for right-to-left languages.
• Quicklines with Wet Mix brushes now don't look completely different to the original stroke (no, it won't do that).
• For first generation iPad Pro customers, you can once again rest your palm without fear of lag bringing you to your sha na na na na knees, knees.
We're happy to report iOS 11.1 resolves the freezing issue. Huge thanks to all of you that helped diagnose it.
Recently a whole host of new brushes have been added, which are more than fantastic and allow me to do illustrate with many different textures.
This app is brilliant for both illustrators and painters alike. Procreate allows both audiences to enjoy all features.
It is very, very organised, very unique, and open to all sorts of artistic interpretation with the many things you can do.
Streaming could be toggled a bit. It’s absolutely brilliant that I can now do so with my followers, and allow them to watch me whilst I draw.
But, I have to have the tablet portrait whilst I do so however, as the image becomes squashed if held the other way. This can become uncomfortable when doing pictures that are landscape, and you have to work upright continuously, and work within a small margin. Streaming also continues even after you have pressed “ stop streaming “ when viewed on another device. This may be a problem if you have the camera or microphone option available.
Those are the only bugs I’ve found so far! Please don’t let this stop you from using this app though! It’s helped me out so much more than other drawing apps on the AppStore.
On a go slow
After the latest update my app doesn’t seem to want to get along with me:( the brushes seem to do the work after my pencil has left the screen. It also tries to tell me that one stroke is 5 different strokes when I’m undoing. Also when I zoom or move the page it flicks back to its original position.
Cannot work with this and I have commissions I need to complete. PLEASE HELP.
Perfect but awful for my OCD!
I absolutely love this app, it’s so intuitive and the possibilities are endless, only thing I would suggest is a ‘folders within folders’ hierarchy for sorting my work. That’s literally it! Still 5 stars though! X
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 03 November 2017
- Version: 4.0.7
- Size: 175 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015Free