This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Proloquo4Text™ is a text‑based communication app that gives a voice to literate children, teens and adults who cannot speak. It is designed to enable easy conversation and full participation in society. It achieves this through a customisable single screen layout with quick access to personal phrases, word and sentence prediction and other effort-saving features. Free voices in 18 languages are included to enable natural-sounding communication.
“Proloquo4Text is a very intuitive Text to Speech app that puts the user in control. Next generation word and sentence prediction immediately make this app stand out. Powerful communication tools can be used to compose messages in record time. Another excellent, full featured AAC app from AssistiveWare which will be backed up with their usual incredible technical support.” - Jane Farrall, Consulting Speech Pathologist
Proloquo4Text’s unique features make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication solution for literate children, teenagers and adults, diagnosed with autism, cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, apraxia, MND, laryngectomy, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak using single screen access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Create, save and organise commonly used phrases
• Switch between conversations easily
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
• Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Type once and say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak as you type
• Optimised for Switch Control and VoiceOver
• Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Communicate without an Internet connection
Customise to your needs
• Individualise the screen layout to match your communication style
• Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings
• Adjust appearance (font, colour, text size) to your needs
Choose your voice
• Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text
• Use a my-own-voice Text to Speech voice
• Add character and humour to your conversations with free specialty voices
Speak your language
• Pick from over 100 voices in 18 languages: Arabic, English (US, UK, Australia), Spanish (Spain and North America), French (France and Canada), German, Greek, Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Italian, Turkish, Catalan, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil) and Russian
• Choose English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian as your user interface language
• Switch languages on the fly
Support for Apple Watch
• Use the Apple Watch folder on Proloquo4Text to create a list of commonly used phrases
• Scroll through phrases and tap to show them fullscreen or speak out loud
• Customise the contents shown on the Watch using Proloquo4Text on your iPhone
Share your world
• Send email, messages, tweets and Facebook posts from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Use Proloquo4Text on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
• Have a smooth transition when switching devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
• Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 150,000 individuals around the world.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo4text
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
This update fixes bugs some users were experiencing after updating to iOS 11. If you have this version, now you won’t see any delays in text prediction, and all features remain visible when you rotate your device. We also addressed some minor bugs a few users reported related to punctuation and the cursor changing place.
This update also includes the new features recently introduced in version 3.3:
• Optimization for the new iOS 11
• Improved vision accessibility: adjust your preferred text size in Settings app and see your choice reflected in Proloquo4Text options and edit mode
• Apple Watch app enhancement: the screen no longer dims when you flick your wrist to show text to your communication partner
• Optimized support for 10.5” iPad
Thanks for using our app!
- Category: Education
- Updated: 26 October 2017
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 541 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2013-2017 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.