No more writer's block, just open the app to write and follow the suggestions.
Prompts uses a creative, intelligent, patent-pending AI to help you write!
Whenever you sit down to write, Prompts suggests a few words to get you started. And as you write, if you ever get stuck, Prompts is there to give you advice on how to keep going.
The app even reminds you to write a little every day, and shows you progress on your writing goals as you go.
"Getting stuck with writer's block is a huge pain. Prompts provides inspiration." - Mashable
More than 300,000 unique writing starting lines and creative writing prompts to inspire you and give you ideas for creative writing. Whether it's poetry writing, journal writing, storytelling, or anything else! All using a patented technology.
Prompts is great for students in the classroom, amateur writers, or professionals who want to free write more often.
** Part of the Apple Education program, so teachers and schools get a discount when buying this app! **
• Prompts gets you writing, even when you don't know where to start
• More than 300,000 unique starting lines and creative prompts like that of Brian Eno
• Set a custom, daily writing goal and use the app to hit it
• Backup and sync your writing to iCloud
• View custom writing stats like how often you write, how long you write, and more
• Set daily writing reminders to keep yourself motivated
• Categorize your writing with custom, color-coded tags
• Auto-save so you never lose a word of writing
• Write in either landscape or portrait view, on your iPhone or iPad
• Adjustable font size and styling
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, or Facebook, and more
Why use Prompts for creativity writing?
• Prompts is full of unique writing prompts. Feeling stuck or creatively blocked? Press the lightning bolt at any time and you'll be presented with a prompt to help inspire you.
• Even if you don't know where to start writing, just open the app and press the plus button to get a random and totally unique idea in the form of a starting line. There are hundreds of completely original ideas to start from.
• On the bus, in the break room, anywhere you are, Prompts helps you become a better writer and build a writing habit with just a few minutes a day.
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, or Day One
Write full screen and swipe down to bring the menu back into view. It's a great way to write without distractions, using as much of the screen as possible!
Set daily reminders to keep your writing habits healthy, bookmark the projects you're working on, and even monitor your writing stats to see which days and times you're at your best. Adjust font style and size to match your writing style, whatever style that is for you.
Whether you want to write more just for fun or if you write for a profession, you are going to love how Prompts helps you write.
Prompts is perfect for writers, bloggers, journalists, educators and students (college or kids), copywriters, marketers, or anyone who just likes to write.
Thanks for using Prompts.
In this update there are some fixes and minor improvements, including fixing a bug in stats tracking.
Ratings and Reviews
Stats are wrong
The app has recorded my writing stats wrong- it’s claims I’ve written for over 40 days in total (I haven’t had the app that long) and claims I’ve written over 80,000 words total when I’ve only made one small note in it so far.
Lost all entries on update
A recent update deleted all my entries. No response from the developer.
Ends the Tyranny of the blank page
A great little app!
The perfect solution for getting you past the hardest part of any writing project, starting with blank page.
I have to say that I was skeptical about the idea at first, how could a random first line get you started? But after having written 3 bits of flash fiction in 3 days using this, I am completely sold on the idea now. It even got me started on story I had wanted to wrote for a long time, but could get started, when Prompts gave me the first line
'Whenever I close my eyes I see...', the story just fell in to place.
A simple, but great little tool which is rapidly becoming an important part of my workflow
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.