LinkedIn Pulse: The news and insights you need to know
By Alphonso Labs Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pulse by LinkedIn is the professional news app tailored to you. This Apple Design Award-winning app allows you to customize your news reading experience, easily explore compelling professional content, and share stories to your favorite social networks. Sign in with your LinkedIn account to sync what you’re already following, save articles, and join the conversation.
Get up to speed in one news feed: get Pulse.
- A new streamlined reading experience and simplified navigation make it even easier to discover compelling professional content.
- Sign in with your LinkedIn account to easily save, discover and share with your professional network. Discuss what’s trending with millions of professionals worldwide
- Your content, everywhere. Sign in with LinkedIn and the app will deliver articles from channels you follow on the site and people in your network.
- Easily browse thousands of trusted sources, from major publications and LinkedIn Influencers to blogs and beyond
- Discover insightful content from Pulse’s comprehensive catalog of thousands of sources. New and noteworthy publishers and Influencers each week
- Customize feeds based on your interests to get fresh, personalized content delivered daily. You can also directly import your Reader RSS feeds
- Share with your favorite networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Sync your sources. When you login with LinkedIn you ensure that what you follow and save is available on all your devices. Saved stories can also be sent to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper, or Readability
- No Internet? No problem. Pulse effortlessly loads the stories you read so they’re ready whenever and wherever you are
What's New in Version 4.0.5
- Enhanced discovery of new channels in the Pulse catalog. Tap the search icon to see more.
- Tap the title of a channel to browse stories in an immersive full screen experience.
- Fixes for issues in sharing articles
Still issues with the app
It takes a very long time for the actual web page to load when you click the title of a source. I'm not sure why this happens but it has been a recurrent problem.
The app crashes when a particular page has large content, like gifs or videos.
The black icon was better. A lot of other icons are blue!
Still the best news reading app...
After update, keeps crashing
Thanks for the update, that's useful but...every time I read an article by scrolling it, the app crashes. It also crashes when searching. I hope a fix is imminent. (Found out what it was. It was a LinkedIn blog article with a slideshare embedded, so every time it tried to load that slideshare, it crashed)
Buggy, trashy garbage
This app continues to crash when you do the most basic things with it such as scrolling, pressing things or indeed reading anything on it in anyway. Pair that with nonsense design ideas, like using the well known "dragging your finger across the screen to move" function to also reload your articles and you're left with something that flitters between useless and extremely frustrating.
- Category: News
- Updated: 28 February 2014
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Alphonso Labs Inc
- © 2011 Alphonso Labs Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.