By Imagination Technologies Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pure Connect gives you free access to thousands of internet radio stations, on-demand radio shows, podcasts and ambient sounds, as well as all your own network and local digital music. You can also use it as a convenient remote control for Pure Jongo wireless speakers.
• Enjoy free access to internet radio from around the world, on-demand programmes and podcasts
• Play your own music, stored on your mobile device, PC, Mac or NAS
• Subscribe to Blue for premium access to millions of songs, or Violet to listen offline
• Stream all this to your Jongo speakers or other Caskeid enabled speakers
• Listen to a library of ambient sounds
• Powerful search to help you discover content by region, language, genre and more
• Save your favourites and create and share playlists (requires free registration)
• Use the Pure Connect app to control your Jongo speakers including bass and treble control, streaming to groups and pairs
• Login easily with Facebook
• Support for:
MP3, AAC, WMA and Real streams
HTTP, SHOUTcast, RTSP and MMSH protocols
M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, SMIL playlist formats
Follow Pure on Facebook at http:www.facebook.com/PURE
What's New in Version 3.3.12
I have 3 speakers all linked to this app. I can get 2 to work together (any 2) but cannot get 3 to work together even though they are less than 5 meters apart. Plus the software does not let you play music from any other application on all speakers. Your music must be in the iPhones Music app for you to use all your speakers. Otherwise you can only use one speaker at a time via wifi. The only way round this is to connect to one speaker via Bluetooth & hope they all connect to each other but that does not always work. Overall very disappointing
Could be better
It takes a few seconds to connect via Bluetooth. Took me multiple try to be the wifi to work.
Now I have got that working it seems very focused on streaming music from their own site. It's a few clicks to get to your own music. However all works well.
Not spotify friendly
The app shows a list of Jongo devices to stream to but as soon as you leave this app to go to spotify this app looses all devices which is useless as you can't adjust the volume or turn certain speakers off etc. Can't wait till they give up on pure music and give full compatibility to better music streaming services because there speakers are quality.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 18 March 2015
- Version: 3.3.12
- Size: 52.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Imagination Technologies
- © Imagination Technologies Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.