By Imagination Technologies Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pure Connect gives you free access to thousands of internet radio stations, on-demand radio shows, podcasts and ambient sounds, as well as all your own network and local digital music. You can also use it as a convenient remote control for Pure Jongo wireless speakers.
• Enjoy free access to internet radio from around the world, on-demand programmes and podcasts
• Play your own music, stored on your mobile device, PC, Mac or NAS
• Subscribe to Blue for premium access to millions of songs, or Violet to listen offline
• Stream all this to your Jongo speakers or other Caskeid enabled speakers
• Listen to a library of ambient sounds
• Powerful search to help you discover content by region, language, genre and more
• Save your favourites and create and share playlists (requires free registration)
• Use the Pure Connect app to control your Jongo speakers including bass and treble control, streaming to groups and pairs
• Login easily with Facebook
• Support for:
MP3, AAC, WMA and Real streams
HTTP, SHOUTcast, RTSP and MMSH protocols
M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, SMIL playlist formats
Follow Pure on Facebook at http:www.facebook.com/PURE
What's New in Version 3.3.11
Not there yet
I bought two A2s and an S3X to replace a similar Sonos set up but I'll be returning them - primarily because of this app. It general works well and the music service is good but I've two major issues. This first is that the music stops and the speakers disconnect whenever your phone rings or you make a call - really annoying if others are enjoying the music. Second, there's no way to queue tracks. You either have to play them one by one (selecting a track while another is playing will just jump straight to the new track) or create a playlist, which you can't do without interrupting whatever's currently playing.
I'm sure all this can be fixed and if it is I'll be back because the hardware is adequate and the option of the portable S3X is a major advantage. For now, though, I'm sticking to my pricier but far slicker Sonos set up.
Have installed this app to support my Jongo T4 which is a very nice piece of hardware. Unfortunately this app lets it down massively. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't find content already downloaded to my iPad. If I try to list albums for example I only see a subset of what is downloaded. Artists and tracks also suffer similar problems. Content can be found using the search facility but this is not ideal. The Jongo was a Christmas gift and I hope this app can be improved so I can enjoy it to its maximum.
Radio streaming works well. As a work around for the limitations of the app stream to the Jongo using Bluetooth and the music app on your iPad or iPhone.
Thought this would be able to stream my music around my Pure system but it limits my music that's ok my iCloud account so can't play it all, it's not easy to link the various pure speakers and A2 think I will spend the money on a Sonos system.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 18 December 2014
- Version: 3.3.11
- Size: 52.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Imagination Technologies
- © Imagination Technologies Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.