IMPORTANT: Putty 3D requires iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 or any newer iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or newer.
Putty is the best 3D sketchbook for artists and enthusiasts on the go. Whether you’re on holiday, on the train or just relaxing on the couch, Putty 3D is your perfect companion.
It uses the powerful graphics processor in your device to create a smooth and intuitive sculpting experience, exclusively on iOS.
Putty 3D supports Apple Pencil, 3D Touch and Wide Color, and has been optimized for iPad Pro and iPhone 7, meaning it can deliver bigger sculpting volumes and even smoother performance.
The built-in support for OBJ and STL export (only on iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 or newer devices) allows you to transfer your creations to modelling and animation packages on your PC or Mac, or you can even bring them into the real world through 3D printing (specifics and compatibility may vary depending on the printing hardware and software).
In a nutshell you can:
- Sculpt on the go with Apple Pencil and 3D Touch support for precise and pressure sensitive sculpting.
- Bring your creations into to your favourite modelling, animation or even 3D printing apps on PC or Mac using the built in OBJ and STL export (only on iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 or newer devices).
- Use materials like Plastic, Ceramic or even Gold to make your work shine (sometimes quite literally), all brought to life by physically based rendering techniques.
- Easily record videos of your work or take high resolution screenshots with optional camera effects.
For the latest updates on Putty follow us @putty3d on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. For any feedback or issue please email us at email@example.com, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a small bug fix release for pressure detection with Apple Pencil and 3D Touch
Changes from 1.3.4:
- New "Free Sculpting" mode that allows you to express yourself in new ways
- Added a translate tool (double tap on the scale tool to get to it) to reposition your sculpting within the work volume
- Added "Empty" option as a starting point for your projects (which is great to try out the new sculpting mode)
- Added an option to save a copy of the current state of your project
- Redesigned the UI to make it easier to use in various screen sizes
- Improvements to model export
Ratings and Reviews
Needs an autosave feature
While the app’s main features function well, the app is in desperate need of an autosave feature. I had been working on something for at least 45 minutes, and I was watching something in PIP mode at the same time. When it finished, I had left the app for only about 30 seconds to change what I was watching, and came back to the app’s homescreen which showed what I was working on as completely blank. Please fix this as it’s incredibly inconvenient and frustrating.
I like the idea but...
...sadly it’s not there yet. If you are looking for an on the go Zbrush type app then this is not for you. There are no brushes for finer sculpting and shaping and no texturing from images etc. On the bug/feature front it does not take much to tear a hole in your work that can be tricky to fix with the given tools.
If these issues are addressed then I think it would be fair to go with subscription based pricing.
As it stands the app is pretty much a plaything. A good one though (add ⭐️⭐️)
With Autodesks discontinuation of its ios 3d apps,this makes a fantastic replacement!
Two recommendations : needs a more intuitive camera,utilising the screen around objects,and secondly a grab/move tool would benefit sculpting greatly.
- Nga Nguyen
- 10.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Nga Nguyen
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.