Screenshots

Description

Puzzle Sidekick is a set of tools, reference material, and links for anyone who plays The Game, solves puzzle hunts, plays Alternate Reality Games, participates in transmedia storytelling, or solves puzzle trails. The tools range from decoder-ring style codebreaking to countdown timer prediction. The reference material includes word frequency, morse code, semaphore, and more.

*NOTE* This application is for iOS 7 only. If you are stuck on an earlier version of iOS, you can still use the “ARG Tools” app.

Included in this package are:
• Dictionary:
  ◦ Search for words matching patterns (e.g. all possible crossword answers)
• Encoding/Decoding:
  ◦ ROT-N (from 1 to 26, including ROT-13)
  ◦ BASE64
  ◦ Vigenere / Beaufort
  ◦ Transposition
  ◦ Substitution
• Character Encodings
  ◦ Baudot Code
  ◦ Braille
  ◦ Fingerspelling
  ◦ Letters to numbers (1..26) and ASCII
  ◦ Nautical Flags
  ◦ Moon Alphabet
  ◦ Morse Code (two representations)
  ◦ Myst D'ni Glyphs
  ◦ Phonetic alphabet
  ◦ Pigpen Cipher (two representations)
  ◦ Roman Numerals
  ◦ Semaphore (two representations)
• Tools and Reference
  ◦ Telephone digits to letters (2=ABC, 3=DEF, etc.), optionally constrained by dictionary words. 228 becomes ACT, BAT, and CAT
  ◦ A red/green/blue color mixer with hex and decimal values
  ◦ A list of common English words, letters, letter pairs
  ◦ Billiard ball colors
  ◦ Books of the Bible
  ◦ Countdown timer prediction
  ◦ Dart board scoring
  ◦ Dewey Decimal System
  ◦ ISO Country Codes
  ◦ Mathematical Constants, Prime Numbers
  ◦ Music Notes and their Frequencies
  ◦ Password Generator
  ◦ Periodic Table
  ◦ Planets
  ◦ Resistor Color Codes
  ◦ Ring Sizes
  ◦ Zodiac, Chinese Zodiac
  ◦ Quick access to Google, Wikipedia, Sudoku Step-Solving, Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences

The design goals of this application include:
• Easy to use in the field
• Small enough to be downloadable over the air so you can quickly obtain it without WiFi access
• Free-as-in-beer!

What’s New

Version 2.2

This version adds the following features:
● A tool to turn phone numbers into words (2=ABC, 3=DEF, etc.), optionally constrained by dictionary words. 228 becomes ACT, BAT, and CAT
● Added a Braille entry keypad as an alternate view under the Braille table.

It also makes the following fix:
● The Braille character for '/' has been corrected.

Ratings and Reviews

5.0 out of 5
5 Ratings

5 Ratings

Mally-4258 ,

A Great App

Only just found this app as ARG Tools will no longer work now I’m using iOS 11. Looks even better! Had loads of use from ARG and recommended to others.
Thanks.

GsiifehswhcahocdwdvdX ,

Hits its niche brilliantly

This will likely be of no use or relevance for 98% of people and the go-to tool for the remaining 2%. No ads or other nonsense. A labour of love and a joy to use. Thank you, Brian!

Matnkat ,

Awesome

Even better than ARG Tools :)

Information

Seller
Brian Enigma
Size
8 MB
Category
Reference
Compatibility

Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Languages

English

Age Rating
Rated 4+
Copyright
© 2017
Price
Free

Supports

  • Family Sharing

    Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.

More By This Developer

You May Also Like