This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Design on the Go with Quark DesignPad
Design on your iPad wherever you are with DesignPad, the iPad app that puts grid-based design control in the palm of your hand. No need to own InDesign or QuarkXPress.
Using an entirely new approach to design, you can quickly experiment with different layouts concepts and create anything such as a poster, postcard, advertisement, invitation, brochure, business card or newsletter right on your iPad — then share it on Twitter, Facebook, by email, print it or – if you have it available – further develop it in QuarkXPress.
Pro Feature Pack
Unlock the new Pro Feature Pack and gain access to professional output and new sharing capabilities. Save and share print-quality PDFs or save PNG and Adobe PDF versions to DropBox for immediate access anywhere or directly print out your design via the new AirPrint support.
Bring your creativity to life!
With DesignPad you can:
• Create stunning designs in minutes, in a meeting or on the go, directly on your iPad
• Develop concepts interactively and share them instantly with your colleagues, clients and friends
• For ultimate control, turn your DesignPad layout into a completed design by opening it in QuarkXPress* — our award-winning premier professional design and layout software
Professional power and ease of use:
• Choose from grid-based pre-defined layout types such as posters, brochures and advertisements, create your own customised size and layout combinations or start from scratch with a blank document
• Designate US or international document sizes with selectable units of measure
• Let the iPad do the hard work with the randomize layouts button
• Use easy slider controls to adjust all aspects of your layout grid or input exact values
• Customise the number of columns and rows, text and picture areas, caption positions and more
• Save custom layouts for future reuse
• Control box-level text attributes including: font, size, outline, colour, and inset position
• Control colour and opacity on boxes and frames
• Insert your pictures directly from your iPad, including Photo Stream photos, or choose from the free stock photos provided*
• Easily create unique shapes such as boxes with rounded corners, speech bubbles, stars, polygons, ovals and more
• Position, crop and resize pictures with a swipe and a pinch or use the nudge control for precise positioning including rotation
• Add background images as well as floating text and image boxes
• Copy and paste text directly into your layout
• Turn guides on and off
• Tweet, post to Facebook or email your layout to clients directly from your iPad
• Open your layout in QuarkXPress to polish your design• PDF export (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Use a third party tool to convert PDFs into editable Adobe InDesign documents
• Dropbox support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• AirPrint support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Shadow colours
• New wave shapes for boxes opens up thousands of possibilities (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Remove watermarks (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Nudge controls for precise placement
• Slider stabilisation technology
• Dynamic grids that let you change grid parameters on live documents (fluid layouts) (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Stroked text
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Version 2.5.1 now supports iOS7, iOS8 and also iOS9.
Also fixes a crash issue and a problem where the help screen couldn't be closed anymore.
We are excited about all the positive comments you shared via email.
If you have questions or further suggestions, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com
I love this app and use it all the time for poster and graphic design purposes but lately it keeps crashing and throwing me out of the app. It's happening more and more often making it really difficult to work with. Please fix this!
I own a few month old iPad mini 2 and this app proves too heavy for it, crashing and refusing to load my first document. Very user friendly and great layout, hence the stars, but unfortunately it seems built for a desktop and not a tablet thus far.
Intuitive but buggy.
Does not save pictures in pdf format, with them dropping out. Most annoying. Using a 3rd gen iPad
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 24 September 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish
- Developer: Quark Inc.
- © 2015 Quark Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature Pack£9.99