Design on the Go with Quark DesignPad
Design on your iPad wherever you are with DesignPad, the iPad app that puts grid-based design control in the palm of your hand. No need to own InDesign or QuarkXPress.
Using an entirely new approach to design, you can quickly experiment with different layouts concepts and create anything such as a poster, postcard, advertisement, invitation, brochure, business card or newsletter right on your iPad — then share it on Twitter, Facebook, by email, print it or – if you have it available – further develop it in QuarkXPress.
Pro Feature Pack
Unlock the new Pro Feature Pack and gain access to professional output and new sharing capabilities. Save and share print-quality PDFs or save PNG and Adobe PDF versions to DropBox for immediate access anywhere or directly print out your design via the new AirPrint support.
Bring your creativity to life!
With DesignPad you can:
• Create stunning designs in minutes, in a meeting or on the go, directly on your iPad
• Develop concepts interactively and share them instantly with your colleagues, clients and friends
• For ultimate control, turn your DesignPad layout into a completed design by opening it in QuarkXPress* — our award-winning premier professional design and layout software
Professional power and ease of use:
• Choose from grid-based pre-defined layout types such as posters, brochures and advertisements, create your own customised size and layout combinations or start from scratch with a blank document
• Designate US or international document sizes with selectable units of measure
• Let the iPad do the hard work with the randomize layouts button
• Use easy slider controls to adjust all aspects of your layout grid or input exact values
• Customise the number of columns and rows, text and picture areas, caption positions and more
• Save custom layouts for future reuse
• Control box-level text attributes including: font, size, outline, colour, and inset position
• Control colour and opacity on boxes and frames
• Insert your pictures directly from your iPad, including Photo Stream photos, or choose from the free stock photos provided*
• Easily create unique shapes such as boxes with rounded corners, speech bubbles, stars, polygons, ovals and more
• Position, crop and resize pictures with a swipe and a pinch or use the nudge control for precise positioning including rotation
• Add background images as well as floating text and image boxes
• Copy and paste text directly into your layout
• Turn guides on and off
• Tweet, post to Facebook or email your layout to clients directly from your iPad
• Open your layout in QuarkXPress to polish your design• PDF export (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Use a third party tool to convert PDFs into editable Adobe InDesign documents
• Dropbox support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• AirPrint support (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Shadow colours
• New wave shapes for boxes opens up thousands of possibilities (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Remove watermarks (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Nudge controls for precise placement
• Slider stabilisation technology
• Dynamic grids that let you change grid parameters on live documents (fluid layouts) (Pro Feature Pack only)
• Stroked text
—Share Native DesignPad format with other DesignPad users or for archiving or tech support issues
—Autosave protects your work as you go in case your device develops memory issues
—Better touch selection of path shapes
—Rename documents by touching name on home screen
—Bug fixes and maintenance
Ratings and Reviews
This is brilliant
If anyone is looking for a good desktop publication app - then this is brilliant. Simple to use, powerful in it simplicity, professional look and although you have to pay £6.99 for the premium version, the free version certainly gives you enough to make the payment for the full version. Would highly recommend it.
A good app for not only QuarkXpress but other users too; easy to use and intuitive. It has its limitations but what do you expect for something free?
Key needs are:
1. An UNDO button.
2. Ability to delete default design elements already present when a new document is created.
3. Ability to add columns to text boxes.
4. Ability to rotate picture contents, not just resize/crop.
5. Ability to resize document after adding content.
6. Ability to include local photos/pics used on a design when exporting via email.
7. Allow direct email of converted document to recipient (not a link to the Quark server).
These features could be part of a 'paid-for' version of the App. The current version might be marketed as a free 'Lite' version!
Great (Pro Feature) app but please ...
i) the download link for QXP 9.5 doesn't appear in my Yahoo mail. Could the emails generated contain an ordinary hyperlink form as well as the boxed Download File illustration? (which appears on the iPad but not on the desktop received email).
ii) if future versions could carry over images as well (like pdf files can) that would be brilliant.
Long awaited app with, I hope, a very promising future. Thanks :)
- Quark Inc.
- 31.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Quark Software Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature Pack £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.